Author Topic: Train/ Traine/ Mcdonald  (Read 3522 times)

Offline J.H

• RootsChat Member
  • family tree
    • View Profile
Train/ Traine/ Mcdonald
« on: Friday 25 March 05 12:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
could anyone shed any light on the scottish surname Train/ Traine and it's relationship to the Clan of MacDonald.

I gather that there were various Scottish family names attached to different Clans, they were known as Septs??

Also if anyone has any general info on the name surname Train/ Traine?? or a connection to the Wolds and Beverley in Yorkshire????

I have traced my ancestors back to approx 1770. They lived on the Wolds in Yorkshire. I am trying to go further back and think that the next connection was the market town of Beverley. I think that Richard and Henry Train were baptised at the Minster? Not certain though?

Thanxs - JH

tomlinson
bacon
pick
hoff

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline wolliter

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Train/ Traine/ Mcdonald
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 December 17 19:02 GMT (UK) »
 My connection is the trains of Hornsea and surrounding areas
big big family of trains thanks karen

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.