Author Topic: ANDERSON families of Tarland and Milgive Aberdeenshire Scotland  (Read 21699 times)

Offline kiwibyrd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
ANDERSON families of Tarland and Milgive Aberdeenshire Scotland
« on: Sunday 25 April 10 11:42 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find the families of John ANDERSON and his 2nd wife Ann TAYLOR
daughter  of Thomas TAYLOR and Ann Farquharson Hadden MITCHELL
they had 6 children
1:Ann ANDERSON  md Robert COPLAND
2:James ANDERSON md Margaert BONNYMAN
3:Jane ANDERSON md Francis RAICH
4:Isabella ANDERSON md  James STEWART
5:Elsie/Elspet ANDERSON md Robert THOMSON
6:Margaret ANDERSON no idea if she married
The lived at a Croft called The Slack or Slack, Tarland and Milgive, Aberdeenshire, Scotland 1860's to 1890's
John ANDERSON's family had lived at The Slack Tarland  and Milgivie, Aberdeenshire, Scotland for a few generations before
John ANDERSON's 1st wife was Alice WALLWOOD or Isabella WELLWOOD and they had one son called John ANDERSON who imgrated out to New Zealand.
What I am needed is information on all The above people and present day generation too please, infact all ANDERSON connections to this family . Many thanks.

Offline dorothy2710

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: ANDERSON families of Tarland and Milgive Aberdeenshire Scotland
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 June 10 19:11 BST (UK) »
Hello Kiwiceltic - I think that my husband's family are the family you are looking for.  He was born in the Tarland area and several generations of his family were born and lived at Broombank, Tarland and this is in the same area as the Andersons you are looking for.  The Slack is an area on the outskirts of Tarland and there are quite a few properties in that area. The other area you mention is actually called Migvie and it is at the other side of Tarland,  beside Logie Coldstone,  although they all border each other around this small village.   

There are three distinct Anderson Families in the area,  however they are also connected through marriage so they can be quite complicated to seperate,  I'm still convinced that they are related to each other if we could just go that far back.

Would you like me to send you my database of Andersons?

Offline BlessedBe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 June 10 15:51 BST (UK) »
Hello Dorothy2710,

My ANDERSONS also lived at Broombank, Tarland for many, many years & go way back.

My Grannie Mary was born there in 1906 & was the Granddaughter of George ANDERSON b, 1933 Logie Coldstone & Isabella ANDERSON (nee COUTTS) b. 1853 Auchindoir & Kearn. I'd be very interested to see your data base of Anderson's too if you don't mind.

I'll "Personnel Message" you my direct Email Address so that we can talk privately if that's okay & I look forward to hearing from you...............With Kind Regards.................SFA.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 11 June 10 15:54 BST (UK) »
New members usually need to make 3 posts before using PM (personal message) system.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline BlessedBe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 11 June 10 16:09 BST (UK) »
For Dorothy2710

Can you please contact me via this message board and please post again re the ANDERSON's of Tarland.............to enable us to chat privately via the PM (personal message) system................as aghadowey indicates.

Thanks again.....................& Rgds..................SFA

Offline dorothy2710

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 11 June 10 17:31 BST (UK) »
Seems to me that you are definitely related to Harry then,  George Anderson was his Great Grandfather

Offline BlessedBe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 11 June 10 20:25 BST (UK) »
Hello Again Dorothy2710,

Yes it appears so. My Nan's Mum was Annie ANDERSON, born 1886, Broombank...............George & Isabella's daughter.

I know that you can't PM me yet but did you receive my PM to you with my privaye Email address?

Look forward to hearing from you........Best Regards................Sweetfannyadams

Offline colanderson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 28 December 13 11:23 GMT (UK) »
I was wondering if anybody could assist with information relating to the family of Charles David Anderson purportedly born in this area, probably late in 1858 or 1859. His father was William. Charles emirated to South Australia between 1875 and 1882.
                                                                   Thank you in advance if you feel you can help col anderson

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 28 December 13 13:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi and welcome to RootsChat  :)

Found this possible reference -
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XYY8-N86

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records