Author Topic: **COMPLETED**1901 Census Lookup Please - Thomas Allan  (Read 7269 times)

Offline cookies4

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 Census Lookup Please - Thomas Allan
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 29 April 10 09:47 BST (UK) »
Nel:

Thanks for those added entries for Barbara Allan in the Poorhouse.  Are they all for the Dundee East Poorhouse?  or did she register for different ones?

Also thanks for Oliver Lees Allan's birth.... where did you find it?  Was it an online searchable site?

Also where do I go to do a further search on the two Thomas Allan births you mention at St Andrew in 1876?

Monica:

Scottish birth, marriage, death and census entries are indexed at www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk.  It costs £6 for 30 credits. With careful searching 6 credits will let you view an original entry.

The poorhouse applications were found at http://www.fdca.org.uk/. If you look at the dates and index numbers of Barbara's applications you can match these up to Mary and Thomas in the same database.

Offline omap

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 Census Lookup Please - Thomas Allan
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 29 April 10 19:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks Monica and Cookies...... the pay per view site is out for the moment.... will poke around and see what else I can find on this group of individuals as I have time.  Am going to be a little tied up for a bit. 

Thanks again for all your help.  It has been much appreciated.

MJ in Canada.
Dalkeith, SCT: Lees, Waldie
Kirkcaldy, SCT: Cook, Easton
Edinburgh, SCT: Lees, Waldie, Hunter, Allan, Easton
St Cuthbert, SCT: Lees, Waldie
Dundee, SCT: Allan, Lees, Easton, Boyd
Kilsyth, SCT: Boyd
Buittle, SCT: Easton
Glasgow, SCT: Easton
Ontario, CANADA: Oliver
Saskatchewan, CANADA: Easton, Gee, Oliver, Prutton
Hertfordshire, ENG: Prutton