Author Topic: Hemmingfield lookup request please  (Read 1769 times)

Offline Emma-Jane

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Hemmingfield lookup request please
« on: Monday 26 April 10 09:56 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I wonder if anyone could help me, I am searching for any Parish records at all for Hemmingfield, Hemingfield, Himmingfield, Hymingfeld. Not the place, but the family. They are fairly well documented after 1780 and all seem to come from the Ecclesfield, Doncaster area. However prior to 1780 there is no mention anywhere until a Robert Hymingfeld marriage in 1575 in Doncaster.

I have checked Ancestry, Findmypast, Origins, IGI. I'm hoping perhaps something might crop up on PR... to that end
I would be very very grateful If anyone could check PR CDs. I know it's rather vague, apologies

Many thanks :)

Emma-Jane

Offline Emma-Jane

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hemmingfield lookup request please
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 April 10 12:08 BST (UK) »
I've found a couple of other entries and most of the events seem to have taken place at Cathedral Saint Peter, Sheffield.

Offline ruth52

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hemmingfield lookup request please
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 September 15 11:02 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately I don't have any further information for you, but I am descended from Martha Hemmingfield, daughter of Thomas (1778 - 1846) and Mary Turton (b@1787) I think Thomas' parents were Thomas and Sarah, but haven't been able to get any further back. Martha appears to be one of 8 siblings.  Her "husband" was Matthew Henry Whyatt, but as yet I haven't found a marriage. I suspect they lived in sin!
Happy to swap information

Ruth
whyatt/wyatt - chesterfield,de rusett/quigley,crosbie -india, barber, beswick- yorkshire, astridge- portsmouth,
travis, gill, barker, fielding- derbyshire