Author Topic: Peter Maguire born 1806  (Read 19008 times)

Offline tomerong

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: (O)'CONNOR, MAGUIRE, CASEY of Ballinderry Co Westmeath Ireland
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 28 April 10 13:27 BST (UK) »
Hi  Lorayne

I have 2 photos of peter and elizabeth. They were taken at their home at south tomerong.  I have seen their graves in the nowra cemetery. Yes Peter was born at Milton. I have a letter written to me by my aunty when I was reseaching my tree and she wrote of her memories of them..  I don,t seem to be able to attach the photos. can I send them another way - email

David

Offline Ruth56

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Peter Maguire born 1806
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 30 June 10 16:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Lorayne & Dave,

Looked up Peter McGuire and found you both talking about my faimly, Peter McGuire is my Great Great Grandfather. It was confusing to me when I did some research because
there were three Peter McGuire's my grandfather being Peter III. Don't think I can help much you
seem to have more information and photos than I do. In actual fact I would like any photos that
you could send me.

Ruth

Offline tomerong

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 08 July 10 08:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Ruth

Sorry |I haven't replied sooner.  I have just returned from one of your uncle's funeral.  My grandfather was his brother ( George ) I have a few photos of the family. Your grandfather passed away when I was little but I have fond memories of his wife, Winifred as my father visited there every Sunday with the paper. Please contact me and I will help in anyway possible.

David

Offline Ruth56

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 08 July 10 11:29 BST (UK) »
Hi David,  Yes I was supposed to attend the funeral of Uncle Ken, but track work on the Southern line
turned the trip into a 5.30 hour trip, with a departure time of 3.55 pm to make it to Bomaderry by
9.20 am. I spoke to Warren and he said that he understood and that we would catch up later as
we both live on the Central Coast. I would love any photo's you have, I think I have a few of POP,
one on his motorbike and one with Reg as a boy on his shoulders. By the way I am one of Arthur's
kids,  Virginia, Terry, Hazel and me the last Ruth. My mum always insisted that I was named after
Winfred's sister Ruth. I was also very young when POP died, but spent lots of time with Nana when
we came up to Tomerong. I remember the house so well. How do we e-mail direct. I saw one posting and it had blank out the address and said something about not allowing e-mail addresses on the
postings and I haven't done three postings so can not use PM messaging yet. I am on FB.

Ruth Ross (nee McGuire)

Offline tomerong

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 08 July 10 11:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Ruth,

I have sent a personal message to you for when you get your 3 postings up.
Then we can email each other.

David

Offline Ruth56

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 08 July 10 11:56 BST (UK) »
Hi David, I remember Uncle Cyril, didn't you live up the road from Nana and then moved
               to Bomaderry.

Ruth

Offline tomerong

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 08 July 10 12:03 BST (UK) »
No. Dad lived there all his life. Uncle Ken moved into Bomaderry. you should be able to send me a personal message now. Click on the little scroll on the left.

David

Offline DwayneMclaren

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 05 April 11 07:44 BST (UK) »
I am after information on peter maguire born 1806 and transported to Australia in 1829 and settled in milton NSW. Any information about his family in Ireland and Australia would be great.

dave

Dave,

This man was a reletive of mine. I have only just started researching but am off to a great start.

http://www.tcm.id.au/mcGuire.htm

I am the Son of Lenore McGuire at the bottom.

Any info anyone have on anyone listed would be very apprecitated.

Offline tomerong

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 25 May 11 12:13 BST (UK) »
My great grandfather was Peter 2 (Patrick brother ) I have a pretty good run down of his family.

Dave