Author Topic: Julian Winiarski 1910 and 1920 census.  (Read 871 times)

Offline redclover

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Julian Winiarski 1910 and 1920 census.
« on: Thursday 29 April 10 10:01 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I previously asked for help in tracing this relative in the census records without success. Since then I have found more information which may help.

Julian Winiarski died in 1929 and I have found a record on the 1930 census for his widow Caroline and children at Niagara Falls City. To date I cannot find any 1910 or 1920 records.

Julian Winiarski arrived in the States on 5th May 1904 going to Yatesboro, Pennsylvania. His final destination was Echo, Pennsylvania. He stayed in Pennsylania for some time, but by 1914 he was in Niagara Falls City where his daughter Jennie was born. By the early 1920's he had his own hardware business in Niagara Falls so I assume he stayed there after his daughter was born.
In 1910 he could have been in Pennsylvania or Niagara Falls.

Other records consistently have his first name as Julian but there are several spellings of Winiarski, (Winarski, Winiarska, Winarska). Caroline's name is also spelt Karolyn, Karolina with differant spellings of Winiarski.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Richard.
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,426401.0.html (link to earlier post)
Szalajko, Wasiewicz, Fedun, Jaworski, Winiarski - Bircza, Poland.  Gabbott, Holland, Hall, Morris, Darcy, Horrocks - Lancashire.

Offline redclover

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Julian Winiarski 1910 and 1920 census.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 April 10 17:57 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have just been rechecking the records I have and I see that Caroline Winiarski arrived in the States on Dec 17th 1905 as Karolina Winiarska. The original ship's manifest indicates that she was travelling to see her husband Julian Winiarski at Niagara Falls. So this places the family in Niagara Falls in 1905.
So we are looking for a 1910 census record for Niagara Falls rather than Pennsylvania. Their address in 1914 was 271 15th Street, Niagara Falls (detail from the daughter's birth cert 1914).

Thanks,

Richard.
Szalajko, Wasiewicz, Fedun, Jaworski, Winiarski - Bircza, Poland.  Gabbott, Holland, Hall, Morris, Darcy, Horrocks - Lancashire.