Author Topic: Rood End Cemetery, Oldbury  (Read 8306 times)

Offline adriatikfan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Rood End Cemetery, Oldbury
« on: Friday 25 March 05 22:22 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know if there  is a transcript of monumental inscriptions for this cemetery or has anyone done any research in this  area?

Best Wishes
David

Offline Jarro41

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Rood End Cemetery, Oldbury
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 March 05 21:19 GMT (UK) »
Not sure if anyone has done a transcript of monumental inscriptions for this cemetery. I did photograph the war graves there. What names are you interested in finding?

Offline adriatikfan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 26 March 05 21:38 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for responding - I'm looking for several sets of names. I know definitely of two families.

The first is William & Lucy Cutler, both died 1924, the second is David & Sarah hatfield, died 1912 and 1933 respectively.

I know that these two families are definitely in Rood End - monumental inscriptions would be a reasonable help.

The whereabouts of the third family I am looking for is more of a longshot and that is anyone with the surname Foley.

Given that the Cutlers and Hatfields are definitely there and that there is a documented link between them and the Foleys and that several generations of the Foleys lived and worked in this area, I am hoping that we may be able to find someone we have a link to and get further information..

I would like to get to the cemetery at some stage, but given work commitments that is unlikely now before the summer.

Where exactly is the cemetery?

Best Wishes
David

Offline Jarro41

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 March 05 21:58 BST (UK) »
David

Popped into Rood End Cemetery today on my way home. Couldn't stay long, so just had a quick walk round hoping I might spot one of the names you sent. No luck this time. Grass very wet so had to keep to paths.
Will look again another time.

John

Offline adriatikfan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 27 March 05 22:00 BST (UK) »
Many thanks - this is very much appreciated.

Best Wishes
david

Offline Benody1921

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 08 December 18 23:25 GMT (UK) »
This is an old thread but I'm looking for someone from Rood End as well. His name was Edwin Dunn. I believe he died in 1921. His address was 6 Bell Fold, Rood End. I live in Canada so I'm not familiar with the area at all.
Stuart (India, Antrim, Armagh)
Whiting (Bedfordshire)
Dunn/Taylor (Worcestershire)
Pearson (Worcestershire)
Hill/Rhodes (Worcestershire)
Gough (Warwickshire)
Perry (Devon, Worcestershire)
Maynard (Essex, Yorkshire)
Jennings (Devon)
Coldicott (Warwickshire, Gloucestershire)