Author Topic: DIX and WHEELER  (Read 20011 times)

Offline sandra c

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DIX and WHEELER
« Reply #72 on: Monday 13 August 12 15:26 BST (UK) »
Hi
    I know it has been awhile but i wont to put my grandmother family to bed.

I know from help that i have had in the past that my grandmother Mary Dix born 1902 was in 1911 living at The Blue Boare Inn North Heath Newbury and that she was using the name Mary Painton. I now know with the help that i had from you all in the past that she was given to her Aunt to bring up. I know that Thomas Painton and Anna(also some time down as Hannah or Ann Dix) Painton also had with them John  (born Parker son of Martha Dix and her husband) Painton. I have know been told my my Aunt that Mary talked about a sort of brother called Jack Painton. I have so far not found a Jack Painton do you think and John was maybe called Jack in the family. I was wondering is there anyway and can found out more about my grandmother life and what the inn was like when she lived there Thank you for your help so far

Thank you Sandy

PS  did get down last year  to see what was the Blue Boaree inn know but  did not have a lot of time as we were down on family matters

Offline normanway

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Saturday 20 May 17 15:35 BST (UK) »
Hello
Don't know how long ago you posted this, but I can tell you that Jack Painton was my grandfather and Mary was my great aunt Mary.  Jack Painton is listed as John Painton in the 1911 census and Charles Parker (nephew) in the 1901 census.  His mother was Martha Dix (born Martha Bestley in Abingdon workhouse) and re-named Martha Dix when her mother married William Dix.  Jack and Mary Painton were in fact cousins. 

Hope this helps

Offline sandra c

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Saturday 20 May 17 22:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary Dix was my grandmother. I have spend along time looking for my grandmother family . i will reply some more in a few days time as my granddaughter is staying with us . She is only 18 months old and a lot of work . was just trying to work out what our link is. Sandy