Author Topic: Totagin, Merredin, W.A  (Read 5123 times)

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Totagin, Merredin, W.A
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 05 May 10 13:57 BST (UK) »
Deleted as the post I was replying to appears to have disappeared ::)  Quite odd.

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Leakay

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 11 August 10 09:39 BST (UK) »
Hi John,
I am currently in the process of editing a history of the Totadgin Belka district in Western Australia.  My father is the author - his father was a pioneer of the district.  Henry Dumbrill is noted on the WW1 Totadgin Honour Board.   Please contact me, so that I can forward some info to you re Totadgin.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline worthingtonLisa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 11 February 18 07:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi John did you find the arrival information for John Neville Dumbrill because I have a copy on ancestry 1914 was arrival alone. Then in 1919 Elsie arrived with two children. Ethel Rose is my husbands mother. I have only just joined here not sure if private chat anywhere but look forward to hearing back from you.

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 11 February 18 07:48 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat worthingtonLisa.

You will need 2 more posts before you can use the Private Message system.  John Bell should have received a notification that you have replied to his thread.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline worthingtonLisa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 11 February 18 12:54 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Judith  ;)  :-[ :P

Offline John Bell

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 12 February 18 00:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Leakay,

My apologies for being so long in replying to you. I somehow missed your reply and it is only yesterday (when another reply came in) that I read your message regarding Henry Dumbrill's mention of the Totadgin Honour Board.
Some years ago I did phone and write to the Merredin Shire to see if somebody could snap a photo of the board, if it still exists, and email it to me but unfortunately I never heard back from them.
I would be thankful for any information as to whether the Honour Board still exists or any information on Totagin.
Thanking you for your reply.

John.

BELL :Coatbridge, Sct & West Aust
WALLIS :Lamberhurst, Ticehurst, Frant. Ssx & West Aust
SENYARD :London.
VEAZEY :London
PARMENTER :Acton Suffolk & London & West Aust

Offline John Bell

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 12 February 18 00:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi WorthingtonLisa,

As a favour I have been gathering information on Henry Dumbrill for one of his descendants (one of your relatives no doubt) since at least 2010 and I would be interested in the information that you have on his arrival to W.A.
I had chased up a couple of leads on a Dumbrill arriving in W.A. but they prove not to be the right man.
If you reply on this forum one more time (as judb as previously detailed) I should be able to send a PM (Personal Message) to you and give you further details that I have gathered over the years... if it would be of any interest to you!

Best regards,

John.

BELL :Coatbridge, Sct & West Aust
WALLIS :Lamberhurst, Ticehurst, Frant. Ssx & West Aust
SENYARD :London.
VEAZEY :London
PARMENTER :Acton Suffolk & London & West Aust

Offline worthingtonLisa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 12 February 18 03:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi John I will see now if I can save a copy of each item to send once private chat.