Author Topic: Andrew Clark born Glasgow - enlisted in Australia  (Read 4714 times)

Offline Peonie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I wish ................!!
    • View Profile
Re: Andrew Clark born Glasgow - enlisted in Australia
« Reply #18 on: Monday 13 September 10 09:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Kenneth and welcome to Rootschat,

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you. I am away from home and my friends just returned from their holiday. They would like to get in contact with you. To be able to send you a Personal Message you need one more post.

Regards Peonie

Offline Peonie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I wish ................!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 13 September 10 09:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Monica,

thank you so much  for responding to Kenneth. I hope he and my friends will soon correspond.

Regards Peonie

Offline Moulin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 13 September 10 12:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Peonie,

Good to hear from you, and I look forward to hearing further from you and your friends. Thanks Monica for standing in for Peonie during her temporary absence.

Regards
Kenneth.

Offline fixit

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 12 November 10 08:21 GMT (UK) »
In April this year, my husband and and I attended an ANZAC Day Service at a memorial to an Ändrew Clark".  We were sure he was related as my husband's mother was a Clark and settled in this area when she arrived from Scotland.

A friend posted an enquiry on Rootschat for me and to my amazement we have been put in contact with a cousin in Scotland and many more in Australia.

We are ever so grateful for this contact and being able to tie together the family tree and would like to say a big "Thank You" to all those involved who gave of their time and effort. 

Many thanks.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 12 November 10 09:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Fixit

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

Thank you for the update. It is great to hear a little bit more background. It is always a team effort here on RootsChat and it is great when it all comes together.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Beryltheperil

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 14 September 18 08:33 BST (UK) »
Hi all, I know I’m really late to the table but have recently discovered that I am related to Andrew Clark through his mother’s side. Joan Dunn was my grandmother (also Joan Dunn) aunt. My grandmother had a brother called Andrew Clark Dunn and I only just realised where that name came from. Anyway, if anyone is still reading this and would like more history on Joan (or sometime shown as Joanna Dunn) please get in touch and I can provide more info. I’m also interested to know about Andrew’s brother James and if there are any family. Thanks Angela.