Author Topic: Kilkenny family, Co. Mayo  (Read 4705 times)

Offline angi0

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Kilkenny family, Co. Mayo
« on: Wednesday 05 May 10 05:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Hope I'm posting to the correct place

I have a Patrick Kilkenny  born Co-Mayo  ca 1820 was married to a Mary surname poss Lyons/Fhay they had Children Patrick ca 1845 , John ca 1847. The children Patrick And John Moved to Lancashire England.As far as i know Father Patrick stayed in Co-Mayo
Any info would be great

Thanks in advance Pat & Angie
Riley- Lancashire Blackburn
Regan
Birtwistle - Lancashire back to 1160
Kilkenny - County May0
Nuttall -Lancashire
Smethurst Lancashire
Sparnon- Cornwall and Dalton in Furness
Whiteside dalton in furness
crossley lancashire

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline agho

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kilkenny family, Co. Mayo
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 09 May 10 19:25 BST (UK) »
the church records for Mayo that are available online at
www.irish-roots.ie are not complete but you can search for free, each record costs €5 to view so be sure you have the correct one before purchase.
There is a possible match for Patrick Kilkenny & Mary Lyons in 1843.

On www.askaboutireland.ie Griffiths Valuation, taken c.1850 shows 5 Patrick Kilkennys in Mayo.
Burns Scotland/Australia/Cork
Fitzgerald East Cork
Lynch Glanmire/Glounthaune
Walsh Clare/Westmeath
Haskett
Murley Cork

Offline dizcaz

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 May 10 19:17 BST (UK) »
Angie just to let you know that Mary Lyons and Patrick Kilkenny were from Hazelhill, Ballyhaunis, Annagh Parish and they had a Son named Patrick Kilkenny but he became a Priest and so this will not be your Patrick Kilkenny who came to England.  I have that he was a priest in the Kilcolman Parish and that his Mother Mary went to live with him after the Death of her husband Patrick.  His parents are buried in the New Friary Cemetery in Ballyhaunis.   He had their gravestone erected.  The headstone is in Latin but basically it reads that Patrick Kilkenny died 11 May 1859 and his wife Mary Kilkenny died 13 Feb 1895.  Their Son Rev Patrick Kilkenny Canonigus, std, Paroghusde, Kilcoman erected their headstone. 

I have been trying to find my Patrick Kilkenny for years and years just like you have for he too was born approx 1845 in Mayo and his Father was born approx 1820.  I think with 99.9% certaintly however that my Patrick Kilkenny was born in Kileen, Knock.....In that area there was a Patrick Kilkenny who married Mary Cunnane but they lived in Liscat Townland and in Lismeegaun, which is Aghamore Parish just up the road from Knock there was also another Patrick Kilkenny in 1856 Griffiths.  I know nothing about the Lismeegaun Kilkenny's.  The Liscat Kilkennys did have a Patrick who came to England and apparently he was born approx 1850 but none of surviving Liscat descendents know anymore about him.  Where he lived in England or where he died in England.  I've never seen that he had a brother John but he did have a William and a Michael. 

Hope this information helps.

Regards, Carol Disley (Leeds, England)   

Offline dizcaz

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 May 10 19:56 BST (UK) »
Oh I've just seen a reply to you from an MK1 on the last posting you did on this forum.....You must contact him.  He is a descendent of Patrick Kilkenny and Mary Cunnane Kilkenny of Liscat, Knock, Co Mayo....He states that Patrick and Mary did indeed have Sons named John and Patrick!!!!!  MK1 is a descendent of their other Son named Michael.....

Good luck!