Author Topic: James Reney  (Read 8456 times)

Offline Elizabethanne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: James Reney
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 11 May 10 22:34 BST (UK) »
I will certainly try to find out more about Andrew, his wife and children. I have been looking today but so far nothing. As you couldn't find a marriage for Andrew and Elizabeth in Harrington I will need to widen the search. So far I have found the name Reney/Rainey cropping up in Scotland, Ireland and the Isle of Man. A search of the 1841 census for England and Wales didn't produce either of Andrew's other two sons Robert and Andrew.

Still not to worry - somewhere out there are the records I need!

Liz 
Reney (Cumberland)
Knowles (Birmingham)
Peers   
Foulkes

Offline suehic60

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 10 October 13 11:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Liz
Wondered if you might be able to help me ?
I am just starting off trying to trace the history of my home, we moved here in August this year, and I have just been given the deeds, which show that a James Reney (died 1904) must have owned the house at some point, and it passed through his trustees up until 1942, when it was sold.

I have searched the censuses but cant find any record of any Reneys living in the house, or indeed, find the house name listed on the census as yet, it might be that the Reneys owned the house but rented it to tenants ?

Anyway, my house is Wirral View, on Golftyn Lane in Connahs Quay, have you come across anything in your research which might shed any light on this ?

Thanks

Sue

Offline Luce

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 12 October 17 22:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Elizabethanne

I'm descended from James' sister Isobel / Isabella Reney. She married a John Smith but luckily Reney as a middle name was used fairly often so it made them quite easy to track. It was last used as a middle name by my great uncle, 4 generations later!