Author Topic: John Dwyer, father of Michael Dwyer famous Wicklow rebel  (Read 20082 times)

Offline anna melia

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Dwyer, father of Michael Dwyer famous Wicklow rebel
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 31 July 13 16:41 BST (UK) »
Hi I am looking to trace the siblings of Michael Dwyer, My great grandfather was John Dwyer and his daughter My grand aunt was very insistant that she was Dwyer of the glen and told us story of dwyers. I cannot trace John Dwyer before he was sixteen to eighteen years when he joined British army in 1854. He had an uncle James who lived in Clondalkin and John himself lived in workers cottage at that age (16) in Tallow (tallaght)on the estate of Lentaigne who owned tallaght house. He was described as labourer . I did find a family of Dwyers in Rathfarnham church records but there would have been two Johns in the family so not sure if they were connected. Co-incidentally Anne Devlin also lived on Tallaght road I think it was Whitefarm and many well know names frequented this place. My John spent 21 years in India and when he came back it was to Clondalkin with his wife Anne Dwyer. Can anyone help' by the way some of the names which cropped up in Paula Whelan?s research such as Thomas Dwyer right date is in clondalkin also peter and Sarah.   Anna Melia

Offline kerryfran

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 26 September 13 23:06 BST (UK) »
Hi there,
I was wondering if you knew much about the Byrnes.  I am looking for a Wicklow couple John O'Neill who married Mary O'Byrne/Byrne.  They had a daughter, Elizabeth, about 1827, who went to NSW with her husband, Matthew Doyle, and their first two daughters.
Many thanks.

Offline Markii

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 18 December 14 02:24 GMT (UK) »
I am looking into Bridget Byrne but cannot find anything other than small things I suppose. born 1772 roughly in Trim, Co Meath, Ireland. Married Morgan Power in Toongabbie, N.S.W. Australia and died 25 Nov 1820 in Seven Hills, N.S.W. Australia.
I am specifically after her parents and siblings..