Author Topic: Pearson family  (Read 20446 times)

Offline wilyam

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pearson family
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 06 March 13 10:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi William, sorry I have taken so long to reply.  I have Mathew, son of John and Mary Pearson emigrating to Australia along with 5 brothers and 2 sisters, at various different times.  He married in Australia and died here as well. Doesn't appear we have the same Mathew.  Hope this helps.  Lyn
thank you lyn,you are right my mathew was born in Cliburn  1838 and a large family to.i have stood many times by your ancestors grave stone near the bridge with reference to a death in Australia of a son.William dobson and family next door this is st peters.i am lucky in being just over the pennines so Kendal Archives handy.
                                                        regards William

Offline Jean Kellett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Pearson family (Researching the COLLINSONS)
« Reply #19 on: Monday 29 August 16 12:19 BST (UK) »
Well I just couldn't believe my luck when i saw the name COLLINSON

My sister in law is 87 and I suppose as you get older you want to know your roots.   She was born out of wedlock with ARTHUR COLLINSON as father, who eventually 10 or more years later "went off with a women" my sister in law has said that she thought he went to high wycombe.

Her Grandparents were Joseph and Ada (Taylor)  COLLINSON (Joseph being a clog maker)

His brothers were ERNEST COLLINSON died in the HMS Josefina Thorden in 1943 aged 40.
                          JOSEPH COLLINSON born 1910
                         JARARD born 1912 and married to Elise M  Ralmley

and   ARTHUR COLLINSON her father

I have got this far..... !!!!  I got as far as he died in 1962 in the register for England & Wales 1837-2007  - What do I do now...... I have gone through England & Wales 1837 and can't find any info

She remembers one of the brothers taking her up to Penrith and playing with her (she was born in 1928) but thats all she can remember but presumably Arthur would have taken her up there as she lived in Kendal.  Arthur also lived in Kendal.  She can't remember anything else and would dearly like more information which is where I come in as I have a computer, albeit in Spain and my computer is roasting.

Can you possibly help with any more information about the COLLINSONS? 

I would be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction. I have already spent lots of time on this but got (as I see it) nowhere really!!!

I think she would like to know if the brothers had any children etc                             

Offline Jean Kellett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 29 August 16 22:15 BST (UK) »
I think I may have posted in the wrong place and hope the moderator will help. Obviously its a reply below to the above "the Pearson family"

I just need some help please

I live in spain in mountains and my WiFi isn't v good. 
It seems my message has gone in the wrong place!!

Offline frian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 05 November 16 17:09 GMT (UK) »
Re Mary E Pearson who married Harry Garth 1928 Kendal district.
This is actually Mary Ellen Pearson born 27 September 1902 at Milnthorpe, (died 2003 Kendal district). She was the oldest child of Richard Lancaster Pearson and his wife Margaret (nee Arkwright) of Milnthorpe - possibly of interest to someone.
frian

Offline Diannej

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 23 February 17 08:24 GMT (UK) »
Looks like I may be a full cousin to Jean kellett. My father was Joseph Collins on, brother to Arthur, again, like Jean, born out of wedlock. If you're still interested we could maybe get in touch.

Offline Jean Kellett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 13 March 17 11:28 GMT (UK) »

My sister in law is 87 and I suppose as you get older you want to know your roots.   She was born out of wedlock with ARTHUR COLLINSON as father, who eventually 10 or more years later "went off with a women" my sister in law has said that she thought he went to high wycombe.

Her Grandparents were Joseph and Ada (Taylor)  COLLINSON (Joseph being a clog maker)

His brothers were ERNEST COLLINSON died in the HMS Josefina Thorden in 1943 aged 40.

I have got this far..... !!!!  I got as far as he died in 1962 in the register for England & Wales 1837-2007  - What do I do now...... I have gone through England & Wales 1837 and can't find any info

She remembers one of the brothers taking her up to Penrith and playing with her (she was born in 1928) but thats all she can remember but presumably Arthur would have taken her up there as she lived in Kendal.  Arthur also lived in Kendal.  She can't remember anything else and would dearly like more information which is where I come in as I have a computer, albeit in Spain and my computer is roasting.

I would be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction. I have already spent lots of time on this but got (as I see it) nowhere really!!!

Offline Diannej

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 04 May 17 16:31 BST (UK) »
Looks like I may be a full cousin to Jean kellett. My father was Joseph Collins on, brother to Arthur, again, like Jean, born out of wedlock. If you're still interested we could maybe get in touch.

Well, we did get in touch, we met, Jean and I, had lunch together and talked for hours, it was wonderful. Thanks to rootschat. We'll be keeping in touch.

Offline Jo Elaine

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 24 May 18 09:43 BST (UK) »
I have found the gravestone of Mary Pearson. Daughter of John and Mary Pearson who died 24th may 1839.  In beeston Nottingham.

Offline joseph137

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 07 January 24 14:50 GMT (UK) »