Author Topic: Pearson family  (Read 20444 times)

Offline skylark

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Pearson family
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 27 May 10 12:11 BST (UK) »
I don't know who Ethel belongs too, it could even be Mabel's daughter.  Ethel was born June qtr 1893 Penrith 10b 485.

Ada Taylor married Joseph Collinson Dec qtr 1901 Penrith 10b 797

Joseph was a clog maker from Winskill Cumberland b.abt.1875

children -

Ernest 1902
Arthur 1904
Stanley 1906
Joseph 1910
Jarard 1912

Mabel Taylor married  William Wilson Richardson Mar qtr 1898 Penrith 10b 651

Mabel Richardson died (27) Sep qtr 1898 Penrith 10b 342
"This information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Ensor, Bradley, Cooper, Beard, Boothby, Willey, Maryon.

Offline skylark

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 27 May 10 15:25 BST (UK) »
In reply to your 'list'.

1. letter - perhaps it refers to Barbara's children?

2. I can't find a connection between those Peason's in Askham around the 1830s.  Nor can I find the parents of John and his brother Richard (1881 census with James and Margaret Pearson).

3. Robert/Robinson/Bob could all be the same person.  If Robinson was telling someone his name i.e. Rob, Bob, then it could easily be written down as Robert.  Also, I can't find any mention anywhere of a Robinson in 1901 nor a Robert Lacklison b. Dearham in 1991.

4. I would imagine that the person who transcribed the census, read the terrible writing as an I rather than a P.

6. Can't find a death recorded for a Mary E Pearson before 1939 - might she have married?

Offline lyn luggo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 03 June 10 12:28 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the answers to those queries and apologies for not replying earlier, but family matters intervening!
We dont know what happened to Mary E, but she was not mentioned in letters at a later date, or family visits in 1929.  She was ill in 1919, and that is where our trail ends.  I just felt she may have died in the 1920's.  I am not aware that she married.
It would be good to get the marriage of Robert Pearson, who was 7 on the 1891 census,  son of James and Annie.  I think her name was Nellie, so must be Ellen?.  Sister Fanny never married and James went to America.
I have no information on him after 1919 and if anyone can help with that, would be really good.
 Bob would appear to be short for Robinson, I have a photo of a Bob Lacklison, so I think it must be him.  I dont know if he married or if he was the Robert who may have gone to Canada and joined the Canadian army?? 
We are gradually building a family picture of the children and parents who stayed at home, and now know lots more about the children who emigrated, from our Australian research.
Shipping records are still a query, especially Thomas, wife Alice and daughter Mary, and a possible son John, who it is not known whether he was born in England or Australia. Listed on his fathers death cert. but not registered in Victoria.
Do you have records of migrants leaving Liverpool around 1857 to 1860, and if so, would be great to know
if you could locate Mathew who may have come on his own first, and then maybe Thomas.  I have Richard and Robert coming on the Sovereign of the Seas arriving 1860, and maybe John, with other Pearsons on that ship, eg Alice and infant Mary, which are intriguing.   None of these are on the 1861 census so definitely came out by then, and death certificates indicate they arrived in Aust. between 1857 and 1860. William and Sarah came on the Tudor in 1864 and Jane on the Hyderabad in 1869 we think. 
William was not on the census with his parents and younger siblings in 1861, and am wondering if he had gone to work somewhere by then?
Any help with the above will be greatly appreciated. :)

Offline skylark

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 03 June 10 15:37 BST (UK) »
I think you may be at the stage where you will have to send for some certificates.  If you do and you stipulate that 'only issue if the father's name is ??, then should it be for the wrong couple then the cert. won't be issued and your fee will be returned.  You can make as many stipulations as you like, e.g. age, trade.

Long shot -

Mary E Pearson married Harry Garth June qtr 1928 Kendal 10b 1519

Birth - Greta Garth (mother Pearson) Dec qtr 1929 Kendal 10b 1038 - The only birth recorded from this marriage.

And
-
Robert Pearson married Mary E Reeves Sep.qtr 1912 Wandsworth London 1d 1432

Births - Nellie O Pearson (mother Reeves) Sep.qtr 1916 Dartford London 2a 1074

as I said - these are long shots, and nearest to where they lived in 1911, mainly marriages for 'Robert' without another initial are rare and of those others, they are scattered about the country and non in Westmorland, where he could have gone home!

I was attracted to this marriage because of the daughter Nellie, but it could easily be wrong.

The shipping details I have access to are from 1890 and so are useless for the information that you need.  Perhaps someone else can help you there.

Offline jroc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 26 June 10 08:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Lyn,
Funny that I should stumble across this thread. I have just started researching my 3rd great grandparents, Thomas Pearson & Alice Barrow. I decend from their daughter, Elizabeth Pearson (b.21 Feb 1873 d. 11 Sep 1934)
I'm not sure if you have this branch. If you dont have it yet, I can help you out there. And i also have a few certificates of Elizabeth's that i dont mind sharing if you need.
I'm trying to work out when Thomas & Alice emigrated to Australia, and who their parents were. from reading the above messages, it sounds like Thomas is the son of John & Mary Pearson (nee Deavis)??
I hope you can help me.
Jessica Roche

Offline lyn luggo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 28 June 10 06:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Jessica, great to hear from you.  Yes, have been working on the Pearsons this year, we descend from Sarah, a younger sister of Thomas who was the eldest in the family.  I have his death certificate and know a little about him, but not a lot.  We have been unable to ascertain definately when he emigrated but he was married to Alice Barrow in Liverpool, England in 1855, and a child Mary was born in Liverpool c. 1857.  She died in Victoria aged 17 in 1874. Have not been able to work out second child John, whether he was born in England or Victoria, after they arrived here.  I think they came between 1858 and 1860.  I have more information on the emigration of some of the other brothers and sisters, most of the family came to Australia, only 3 remained at home. Barbara, Margaret and James. I shall contact you off list as well. 

Offline wilyam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 20 October 12 13:06 BST (UK) »
hi Lynn
         my name is William dobson and have traced my name back to 1600 lowther,and askham where my ancestors were corn miller
at the same time around 1800,1860 and a connection with john and Mary pearson,the first being Mary was present at death of William dobson 1856 aged 52 his wife had died a year earlier.The second being their son mathew married Margaret dobson  i cannot find wedding cert as yet but they had two children William,Martha, around 1860 they joined up with Margaret's brother William and his wife when they moved to carlisle,later moving to newcastle upon tyne around 1889 when they are aged mathew about 60,Margaret56. i know the two older parents are buried close in st peters askham.of the history in ncle i do not know yet

yours sincerely
                                                                                William dobson

Offline lyn luggo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 27 February 13 00:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi William, sorry I have taken so long to reply.  I have Mathew, son of John and Mary Pearson emigrating to Australia along with 5 brothers and 2 sisters, at various different times.  He married in Australia and died here as well. Doesnt appear we have the same Mathew.  Hope this helps.  Lyn

Offline lyn luggo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 27 February 13 00:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lyn,
Funny that I should stumble across this thread. I have just started researching my 3rd great grandparents, Thomas Pearson & Alice Barrow. I decend from their daughter, Elizabeth Pearson (b.21 Feb 1873 d. 11 Sep 1934)
I'm not sure if you have this branch. If you dont have it yet, I can help you out there. And i also have a few certificates of Elizabeth's that i dont mind sharing if you need.
I'm trying to work out when Thomas & Alice emigrated to Australia, and who their parents were. from reading the above messages, it sounds like Thomas is the son of John & Mary Pearson (nee Deavis)??

Hi Jessica, I have lost touch with you, my email addresses disappeared on computer problems. How are you going with your Pearson research?  Regards, Lyn
I hope you can help me.
Jessica Roche