Author Topic: Decendant of John Budd Gray  (Read 7887 times)

Offline Aust_Gray

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Decendant of John Budd Gray
« on: Friday 14 May 10 02:47 BST (UK) »
I have been tracing my family history back throughout the years... and have arrived at my 5x Great Grandfather John Budd (aka Jack) Gray...

Son of Thomas Gray (born in 1764 in Cambridgeshire, England) and Susannah Faben, (born in 1768 in Burwell, Cambridge, England).

John Budd Gray was born in 1798 in Cambridge, England, and died on the 30th Aug 1868 in Geelong, Australia. He married four times while he was in England;(1) Uri Heron, b. 20 Nov 1803 in Surfleet, Lincolnshire, England, (daughter of Edward Heron and Rose Lovell). (2) Eliza Heron, b. 8 Nov 1807, (daughter of Edward Heron and Rose Lovell). (3) Maria Boswell. (4) Harriet Williams, b. 1806 in Leeds, Yorkshire, England which is believed that he had six children with.

On the 20th July 1844 he was sentenced 12 years transportation to Australia for stealing 2 mares in the Licolnshire area. John would leave English shores in the Sir Robert Peel on the 5th of September 1844 and would arrive in Van Diemans Land (Tasmania), on the 26th of December 1844.

John Recieved a Ticket of Leave on the 23rd of July 1850 (after 6 years served), and then later a Conditional Pardon on the 14th of December 1852 (after 8 years served).

After His Conditional Pardon, he would move with his then wife (5) Francis Gray (Dowling) to Geelong in Victoria where John and Francis have 8 children.

If anyone has anymore infomation about past generations past John Budd Gray's; (Father Thomas Gray and Mother Susannah Faben) It would be interesting to know... Also it would be great to know any relatives I have that I'm unaware of???

Haydn Gray 

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Decendant of John Budd Gray
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 May 10 17:28 BST (UK) »
send me a private message and Ill tell you as much as I know :)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 May 10 17:30 BST (UK) »
send me a private message and Ill tell you as much as I know :)

Haydn will need to post at least once more before the Personal Message system will be available to him.

:)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline rootbeer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 14 May 10 18:57 BST (UK) »
Hi.  John Bud Gray is my 4th time great grandfather through Harriet Williams so we are a bit connected :)
most of what i know about John Bud Gray is the same info as yours i got what i know from An65 shes excellent with Gray family Genealogy. hope you find out more

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 14 May 10 19:14 BST (UK) »
am An65 if u got any more info contact me at (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Aust_Gray

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 18 May 10 03:06 BST (UK) »
Im new to this system...
how does this all work???

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 18 May 10 09:24 BST (UK) »
New members usually need to make 2/3 posts before using PM (personal message) system- it's all explained in the help pages (which also include posting guidelines which explain that you are not allowed to post email addresses on the boards)-

www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

www.rootschat.com/help/posting_guide.php
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 19 May 10 20:04 BST (UK) »
make another couple of posts, just say help or something, and once youve made enough posts, Ill be able to message you privately, give you my email addy, and then we will be able to swap information :)

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 24 May 10 22:20 BST (UK) »
due to probs with contact I wrote this site abt John Budd Gray. Its non-commercial. Hope it works

http://sitebuilder.yola.com/ide/index.jsp?siteid=8a49866a28acbe2a0128b207df02669f