Author Topic: Byrne family of Dublin help needed  (Read 9317 times)

Offline CURR

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Byrne family of Dublin help needed
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 07 December 10 15:51 GMT (UK) »
By the way meant to ask you what is your Aunt's name as you don't say in your posts.

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 13 December 10 22:38 GMT (UK) »
 If you are still looking
This seems to be the family in 1901 which confirms the Mahon connection
Any chance Elizabeth was the "orphant" Lizzie Hanlon then aged 4

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Dublin/Malahide/Yellowwalls/1266346/

note Michael's age was not transcribed correctly - shows 53 instead of 33
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 13 December 10 22:47 GMT (UK) »
Just found a record for the marriage of Michael BYRNE and Elizabeth MAHON
They married in Swords on June 29th 1892
Michael was the son of John and Elisabeth Byrne of Yellow Walls
Elizabeth was the daughter of James and Margaret Mahon of Yellow Walls
Witness: Thomas Reynolds and Maria McDermott
Celebrant: Rev. David P. Mulcahy

Civil Record Balrothery Vol 2 Page 354 cross matches
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline Balgriffinlad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 07 January 11 09:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

You caught my interest... as for the Byrne's in Balgriffin! you should look a little further up the road.. just for the record... of those who lived in Limekilns... way back in the fifties... one of the best and most experienced drovers in his day, as a child I would watch him three carts in a row outside Campions Pub on his way back from market...  That man was a Byrne so look for Limekilns...

How about this? (how many are still alive) Michale O'Toole & Marian Byrne, Marie Caffery & Emonn Byrne, Joan O'Toole & Pat Byrne, John Henvy (D) & Bridget Byrne (D) Kathleen Henvy (D) & Partick O'Toole (D) are these names ringing a bell...

Are we kinsmen???

Balgriffinlad

O'Toole. Henvy, McLean, Walton, Kavanaugh, Gilsnahen,

Offline prozac

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 07 January 11 09:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi there!

I have two John Henveys in my tree, one is my great uncle who married Teresa and one is my great grandfather who was married to Mary Ellen/Ellen Hughes. 

Byrnes - I'm not sure on names as they were my uncles wifes family, she's getting on a bit now and can't remember much, she also lives in Malahide still so I havent seen her for years. 

O'Toole, my father used to speak of an O'Toole, but he was never sure how he was related to her.

I do hope we find some connection!  If it helps, if you have rumours of the footballer Liam Brady being related to you, then we're probably related as he is my dads second cousin. 

Unfortunately, I only know what my dad and few aunts have told me, I am 24 and never knew any of my Irish grandparents. 
Nottingham/Derby - Alvey, Machin, Scott, Stevenson, Redfern, Lowe, Coupe, Bowler, Strutt, Miller
Worcestershire - Burrows, Smith, Machin, Hardman, Nash, Sanders/Saunders, Davis, Adams
Buckinghamshire - Burrows, Woodward, Adams
Ireland (Dublin/Malahide/Cork) - O'Driscoll, Henvy, Gallaghan

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 07 January 11 11:05 GMT (UK) »
Be careful not to include details of any living people in your posts here on RootsChat as this is not permitted.

To share more recent details you can use the personal message system. See : http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php (you both need three posts to have full access)

Dublin Moderator
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Balgriffinlad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 07 January 11 20:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

It looks like we are Kinsmen... The Byrne connection is there through my father Patrick (his sister Joan) and my late mother Kathleen (her brother John)who married Bridget and Pat from Coolock, My second cousin another O'Toole married Marian Byrne and my first cousin married Emonn Byrne...

As for that great footballer.... He is my first cousin.

Back to the Byrnes: there was a very magical and mystical woman, a spinster in her mid forties (back in 1956-9)who worked down on Rankins Fruit farm... I think her name was Sandy Byrne and she hailed from Malahide but often took the bus to Artane.  Somehow under all those rags there was a beautiful woman from time to time she would call me over, as she waited for the 42 CIE bus, and give me a tuppenny bit (a lot of money in those days) in remembrance of my Father...

There was also another Byrne he was a cooper cum bottler with Bob Campion, If I remember right he was somehow related to the Hickeys..

If you like I can give you a simple roll of the families who lived in and around Balgriffin between 1950-61... I would be pleased to help...

By the way before Balgriffin there was Balgriffin Park (The Hole in the Wall) so when you search the census search Balgriffin Park...

When looking for your Great Grand Aunts or Uncles search the names of the homes of the local Gentry: Sims, Hones, White, Trimbell, Pimms,  you just might find that they were in service in 1901..
O'Toole. Henvy, McLean, Walton, Kavanaugh, Gilsnahen,

Offline Nains

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 03 June 11 04:52 BST (UK) »
Hello Prozac
I just came across your query. I knew John and Alice Byrne of Malahide, as my sister is married to their nephew. If you are not already in touch with your Malahide relations I could ask my sister if any of the family has the information you are looking for.
Nains

Offline campiom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 12 January 16 22:02 GMT (UK) »