Author Topic: Michael FITZPATRICK/Kilmacow Kilkenny  (Read 10431 times)

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Michael FITZPATRICK/Kilmacow Kilkenny
« on: Monday 17 May 10 14:41 BST (UK) »
Asking for help on how to go about on finding more on Michael FITZPATRICK b abt 1829 Kilmacow Kilkenny Ireland, have found that he was with the 103rd Regiment in India and married a Ann O'NEIL in Bombay India, don't know what year this marriage was in.  Michael and family moved to Australia abt 1867.
Think that Michael's father was named also Michael and that his mother was  Mary KENNEDY.
Would any one know of this family, have this family within their tree?
Don't know if Ann was born in india!
Many thanks
Yonks Ago
Kilgallon Langdon Nicol Bolger Smith Carlisle Thomas Delahide Blackman Harley Amphlett Scarbourgh Murrish Oats Tonkin Aveyard Armitage Child Fox Bland Gomersal Mountain Gelder Harrison Armstrong Laws Steel Main Lambert Law Laws Christie Kirk Bell Black Amphlett Barclay Harley Dewar Rodger Fortune McCann Nealis Sutherland Rumgay

Offline agho

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Michael FITZPATRICK/Kilmacow Kilkenny
« Reply #1 on: Monday 17 May 10 20:11 BST (UK) »
For India records try the database in www.fibis.org

For Irish records, the church records for Kilkenny are on www.irish-roots.ie. These records are trancripts and are not complete. It costs €5 to view each record but searching is free.

Your best bet might be the death certs of both Michael & Ann in Australia as they often contain a lot of genealogical info.
Burns Scotland/Australia/Cork
Fitzgerald East Cork
Lynch Glanmire/Glounthaune
Walsh Clare/Westmeath
Haskett
Murley Cork

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 19 June 10 15:32 BST (UK) »
Agho,

Sorry for not answering before this!
death records in Australia in that time frame only gives the basic info and would not tell me where born, parents ect.
Thank you
Yonks
Ago
Kilgallon Langdon Nicol Bolger Smith Carlisle Thomas Delahide Blackman Harley Amphlett Scarbourgh Murrish Oats Tonkin Aveyard Armitage Child Fox Bland Gomersal Mountain Gelder Harrison Armstrong Laws Steel Main Lambert Law Laws Christie Kirk Bell Black Amphlett Barclay Harley Dewar Rodger Fortune McCann Nealis Sutherland Rumgay

Offline mikeyman

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 29 October 13 12:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Just saw this old post.  I know some stuff about Michael Fitzpatrick he is an ancestor of my wife.
Here is some of his marriage, his wife seems to be Rosa and not O'Neill...
Name:   Michael Fitzpatrick
Birth Date:   1831
Birthplace:   
Spouse's Name:   Anne Mary Rosa

Spouse's Birth Date:   1844
Spouse's Birthplace:   
Spouse's Age:   15
Event Date:   05 Sep 1859
Event Place:   Colaba, Bombay, India
Father's Name:   Michael Fitzpatrick

Mother's Name:   
Spouse's Father's Name:   John Rosa

Spouse's Mother's Name:   
Race:   
Marital Status:   Divorced
Previous Wife's Name:   
Spouse's Race:   
Spouse's Marital Status:   Single
Spouse's Previous Husband's Name:   
Indexing Project (Batch) Number:   M00203-8

System Origin:   India-EASy
GS Film number:   523918

We are trying to find out any info at all on Anne Mary O'Neill/Rosa, do you have any?

Many thanks

Offline tomhoc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 14 April 14 04:12 BST (UK) »
Hello Yonks. Michael was (is) my GGgrandfather. My data seems to match exactly with what you recorded here some years ago now. I do have a little more on him, but not on the big questions. Are you still interested in him?

Hello Mikeyman. Yes, I saw that Rosa record, and was initially tempted to think it was our lady. But I have not found any other reference to 'Rosa', and yet with several of the registrations of their subsequent children she is recorded as 'O'Neil' (with various spellings). For the eleven child birth registrations I have seen she is variously named "Ann Mary O'Neill", "Anne O'Neil", "Mary Anne O'Neil", "Ann O'Neil", "Anna O'Neil", or "Anna Mariae Oneill".

Tom

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 14 April 14 04:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Tomhoc.

Yes Im still seeking more this family..and more so on Rosa/Ann..trying to find more on her..parents and family..

cheers
Yonks

Offline tomhoc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 14 April 14 06:09 BST (UK) »
Hello again Yonks Ago.

Wow, that was quick - 4 years after the original message, and you bounce back to my reply within 35 minutes! Awesome.

I am from W.A., where Michael settled and lived out his life. But I now live in Auckland, N.Z. I descend through Michael's oldest daughter Elizabeth Mary Josephine.

Why are you going after the Rosa possibility? I have discounted it, primarily because the Anne Marie that came to Fremantle with Michael never seems to have mentioned "Rosa", but in all (I think) the registrations of her children, she calls herself Anne Marie O'neil - or some variation of that name, never Rosa. Have you got some extra info that makes you think the Rosa marriage is to our Michael?

Tom

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 14 April 14 07:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Tom,

I'm just going by what Mikeyman is saying re Rosa. I have only Ann O'Neil...what Im seeking to find is more on Ann..her parents...and siblings.

Yonks

Offline tomhoc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 28 March 18 22:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Yonks,

It's been another 4 years since this thread was last added to. I wonder if you will be as quick in responding this time  ;)

Have you managed any further findings re our Anne? I have, but not the stuff you were seeking.

Tom