Author Topic: Rosina Bennett/Lowe/Hopkins/Bayliss. Parents George Bennett and Jane Lowe.  (Read 4009 times)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Rosina Bennett/Lowe/Hopkins/Bayliss. Parents George Bennett and Jane Lowe.
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 28 September 16 20:28 BST (UK) »
She left this family later in life and married Sydney Bayliss, and apparently had a further 2 children with him.

She married Sidney Bayliss in 1939 in Glamorgan and the freebmd entry shows her surnames as Hopkins and also Lowe.

She was far too old to have children in 1939 but if she and Sidney were living together before they married there are 2 births on freebmd in Merthyr in 1924 and 1928
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 28 September 16 20:51 BST (UK) »
I have a Jane Lowe born 1842 living with her Father James Lowe born 1800 also a William Bennett Lowe 1864 most likely Janes son James was my Gr8 Grandfather x 4 the above was from the 1871 cencus most of the Lowe's originated from the Lilleshall {Donnington Wood/Wrockwardine Wood} area.
Also in 1901 living with George Lowe in Ketley Brook {my great Grandfather}
was  Uncle George Bennett age 57 Puddler at Iron works.
I hope this is some help funny enough my ex wife was a Bennett.

David George Lowe.

Hi David, I see you have answered on another thread re the problems with the Lowe family, in the case of William this is his baptism:-

William Bennett LOW 31st August 1864 Telford North Circuit ( Wrockwarden Wood) Father George occ Forgeman Mother Jane abode Donnington Wood

Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DavidBayliss

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 13 January 19 12:38 GMT (UK) »
We have just started researching our family tree and Rosina Hopkins/Lowe/Bayliss is our paternal Grandmother. Our father is one of the two children she had with Sidney Martin Bayliss.