Author Topic: James Cecil  (Read 21691 times)

Offline Kiwicol

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Cecil
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 06 December 11 22:26 GMT (UK) »
awesome I posted a querie re the Bridewell and Charles cecil and a google seasrch bought me back here
going back over the posts
a Henry Cecil son of Charles Cecil weaver was also granted freedom of the city in 1739 so is to be presumed a brother of Charles who had a son named Henry

Offline Kiwicol

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 06 December 11 22:31 GMT (UK) »
I had seen about 4 Trees on Ancestry.com with Elizabeth Lumley and Charles Cecil as parents of out c1718 Charles Cecil, who were they?
FamilytreeDNA has a sale on testing up until 31 December
A good time for any male Cecils to test YDNA
I think we are all too far removed from Charles Cecil to show up on the Family Finder tests, but if any of you have actually done a Family Finder test PM me so we can compare notes

Offline Kiwicol

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 06 December 11 23:18 GMT (UK) »
Thanks GothitJulie
managed to place all of those baptism except William son of Samuel and Elizabeth
there was a Samuel married Elizabeth Jones in 1846, but I am not sure which Samuel Cecil he is.
The Thomas Edward Cecil died the same qtr he was born in, not on the 1851 census father a labourer, at (2 Tent Street)

Offline gothitjulie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 07 December 11 01:38 GMT (UK) »
I had seen about 4 Trees on Ancestry.com with Elizabeth Lumley and Charles Cecil as parents of out c1718 Charles Cecil, who were they?

Ignore them until we can get a marriage nailed down in the right parish, too many parish records haven't made it online to be certain of anything around Westminster without trawling through the registers at the archives.

Devon: Pridiaux Colliver Froude Winsor Pulliblank Taylor Stroud Phillips Pike Veale Beer Bodon Walker Steaphens Yarrowde Sherrow Legassick Pottell

Gloucestershire: Oakey Finch Meek Tollisby Watkins Lamb Taylor Woodward Keare Marshall Barnard Atwood Russell Byforde

Herefordshire: Randle Oakey

London: Dovey Dillon Newman Norris Cecil Willis Neale Smither Davis Boucher

Staffordshire: Bramhall

Pembrokeshire: Teague Thain

Surrey: Martin

Middlesex: Adams

Offline CecillyQ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 07 December 11 11:19 GMT (UK) »
Just registered and read your post re DNA testing of Thomas Cecil Earl of Exeter.  My interest is aroused.  I am descended from Charles Cecil and Judith Raby.  I have a photo of GrGrGrandfather Daniel Cecil who is spitting image of William Lord Burghley, given the generational gap.  My brother and nephew resemble the Thomas Cecil line. 

Offline Kiwicol

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Cecil
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 08 December 11 20:59 GMT (UK) »
From my notes
American Wills proved in London 1611 - 1775
Elizabeth Hinton of Mddsx, widow of Thomas Hinton, with no children now living, dated 29 May 1763
Family pictures and Coat of Arms to my neice Sarah, wife of John Moore of Horsley Downs, (Southwark, Surrey) blacksmith
By the will of my mother Elizabeth Roulland, I am entitled to assign her estate.
Bequests to
Mrs Jane Raby, wife of Daniel Raby 30 pounds
Jane Raby daughter of Daniel Raby jr. 10 Pounds
Mrs Catherine Elizabeth Quinton 30 pounds
Daniel son of Charles Cecil 10 pounds
My acquaintance Mrs Mary Pesey widow, of Kensington 20 pounds
The residue of my estate and my mothers to go to the six children of my half brother Peter Francis de Prefontaine i.e the said Sarah Moore, Elizabeth wife of Philip Trevis, John, Mary, Peter Francis and Anne de Prefontaine of Philadelphia.
My exec. Mr Francis Duroure of Throgmorton Street, London
Witnesses Marianna Chauvin and Margaret Alderton.
Proved 14 Dec 1775 (PRO11/1014/473)
The will seems to mention 50 pounds a year annuity in names of Nicholas Bachelor, Daniel Raby and ffrancis Duroure.

Offline CecillyQ

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 09 December 11 05:49 GMT (UK) »
I would like a copy of your entry please.  How do we do that, I'm new at this.  I read the Indenture and am pleased we're getting somewhere.  As Charles Cecil has signed the Indenture, is there any other papers signed by ancestral and probably forebears for comparison of handwriting.  There is usually a family likeness - it may be the paternal likeness.  Appreciate the physical efforts at your end as I'm another o/s in Oz.  I just read down further and see you can attach an image, is that how it works?

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 09 December 11 08:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Just to let you know you can't attach images to this part of the forum.

May I suggest you use the personal message system to exchange email addresses and send information to each other via that method.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline pacemaker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 09 December 11 10:49 GMT (UK) »
CecilyQ,
              I read Dawns message re passing likenesses  Charles Cecil 1718 silk weaver and his wife Judith Madelaine Raby are my ancestors. I would very much appreciate any photographs likenesses or documents you may have.
 When I first came upon this branch of my family tree I looked at it with tongue in cheek, as it seemed too good to be true. Since I found that I was in the middle of an arguement, I backed off as I live too far from the Archives of proof . I have left the Cecil branch from Judith Raby back into history to the history books and keep a watching brief from the sidelines.
    Your post ,though interested me as it dealt with the period of Charles  and Daniel Cecil and the Hugeunot silk weavers.
Looking forward to hearing fro you
Pacemaker