Author Topic: CRABB, CRABBE & CRAIB, All  (Read 15610 times)

Offline Crabb

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: CRABB, CRABBE & CRAIB, All
« Reply #18 on: Friday 28 February 14 11:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I'm looking for the parents of Benjamin Crabb who was Born in 1753 in North Carolina and died in 1829. I am stuck at this point. He is my great great great great great grandfather. He moved to Tn and passed away there. Any help from any one would be great.

Best regards

Offline joboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 28 February 14 20:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I'm looking for the parents of Benjamin Crabb who was Born in 1753 in North Carolina and died in 1829. I am stuck at this point. He is my great great great great great grandfather. He moved to Tn and passed away there. Any help from any one would be great.

Best regards
Hello and welcome to you,
It might be a good way to start with your Crabb enquiry to see what you can discover on the USA list too....... you will get some great help there so try this link;
Joe
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?board=164.0
Gill UK and Australia
Bell UK and Australia
Harding(e) Australia
Finch UK and Australia

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Offline Chilternbirder

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 15 August 15 16:12 BST (UK) »
Hi I am a 'Crabb' myself and have a copy of our family tree. It only goes back to William Crabb born 1780 who married Margaret Brodie but thought it interesting that he was known as 'William Crabb of Laurencekirk Kincardine. Might be of use to you
Jackie, looks like we have a common ancestor. I know that he came from Fordoun and worked as as snuff box maker in Laurencekirk and died in 1825 leaving a young family. Have you looked at the work of his eldest son, also William who was an artist?
Crabb from Laurencekirk / Fordoun and Scurry from mid Essex