Author Topic: Georgina BARTIE / PIRIE - help need please - possible Vancouver  (Read 3047 times)

Offline Bumblebeebev24

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Georgina BARTIE / PIRIE - help need please - possible Vancouver
« on: Friday 21 May 10 16:58 BST (UK) »

Hello,

Can anyone help me find any information for my gt aunt, she was born 6 Oct 1889 to Thomas Nichols Bartie & Jane Main - Aberdeen, Scotland.  She married James PIRIE, 8 June 1910, Aberdeen, Scotland and I have her death information as

Georgina Bartie
Death Date: 20 Dec 1971
Place of Death: Vancouver
Registration #: 1971-09-017886
bca #: B13314
gsu #: 2034297

I am unsure if they moved from Scotland as a family, together with 2 daughters.  Georgina also had an illegitimate daughter born 1916, this was during the marriage.

How would i research further, or any information anyone has would be most welcome.

Many thanks,

Bumble
Herd - Aberdeen / Fife
Coulthard - Aberdeen/Durham
Bartie - Aberdeen
Duff - Aberdeen
Main - Footdee, Aberdeen
Sutherland - Aberdeen, Albany, New York
Thomas - North Wales
Pritchard - Liverpool

Offline jfremont

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Georgina BARTIE / PIRIE - help need please - possible Vancouver
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 May 10 00:51 BST (UK) »
Based on the information you posted it would appear the death you found is not the same person. See here http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html?datestamp=1202934839187#collection=fs%3A1538285&searchType=close&surname=Bartie&p=recordResults
The birth date does not match although close. Parents names and spouse do not match.
I can obtain the record at the library but first maybe you can confirm the record.
John

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 May 10 06:11 BST (UK) »
There is a Form 30A for Pirie Bartie Ina, 32 b. Aberdeen Scotland travelling on the Tunisian from Scotland to Vancouver, BC June 2, 1922. 
She is a widow intending to make her home with her brother, never been in Canada before, passage paid by brother, destination 2028 Wall St. Vancouver (beside that it says brother-in-law although I think it should just say brother).  nearest relative in Scotland was brother William Bartie of 28 Rosemont Via Aberdeen.

There is also a Form 30A for Georgina Pirie, 9 b. Aberdeen 1913 also on the Tunisian for the same date.  She is going to live with her uncle Mr. Bartie of 2028 Wall St. Vancouver and same Scottish contact as above.

1891 Scottish census shows Georgina, d/o Thomas and Jane with siblings Louisa, Peter, William and Elizabeth.  Immigration on the Grampian 2 June 1913 for Peter R. Bartie 35 with wife Christina 35 and children Thomas(16), William(11) and Patricia(10) headed for Vancouver.  Peter Bartie travels back to Scotland in June 1920 and is shown as 42, occupation longshoreman, headed for 119 Park St. Aberdeen.  He travels back to Canada 15 Aug 1920 on the Saturnia headed for Vancouver.

The link that John provided shows a death for Peter Rait Bartie, wife Christina, and parents Thomas Bartie and Jane Main in Vancouver Feb 23, 1953.

Debbie

Offline Bumblebeebev24

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 23 May 10 00:15 BST (UK) »

Hello John and Debbie,

Many thanks to you both for your help,

John - you have confirmed that this is the wrong Georgina Bartie, this is the wife of my gt aunt's nephew - William Thom Bartie.  Your offer of going to library, would it be ok to pm you regarding Peter Raitt Bartie, my gt uncle, from that list I was able to confirm most of the Bartie's, so thank you very much.

Debbie, also thanks to you, I never thought to try Ina!!, this now confirms to me that she moved to Vancouver along with her daughter to reside with her brother Peter Bartie. I am very grateful for your help too.

John, if you could let me know if it is ok to pm you?

Many thanks,

Bumble
Herd - Aberdeen / Fife
Coulthard - Aberdeen/Durham
Bartie - Aberdeen
Duff - Aberdeen
Main - Footdee, Aberdeen
Sutherland - Aberdeen, Albany, New York
Thomas - North Wales
Pritchard - Liverpool

Offline jfremont

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 23 May 10 19:31 BST (UK) »
Hello Bumble

Please send me a PM with any and all the records you would like to get. I might as well get everything when I go. Also please include your email address in the PM so I can send the records to you. The records have much more info than shown on the familysearch site (including the informant who is often a child) so worth while to have.

John

Offline bagpipelover46

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 01 July 15 23:47 BST (UK) »
Just happened upon this today, hope five years later isn't too late to get in touch. The Georgina Bartie that I know about is the one that married William Thom Bartie. I knew her when I was a very small child, always called her Aunt Jean - did not know her name was Georgina until I started working on the McAllister family tree. She was the sister of Margaret Kyle McAllister (nee Richardson), and the Aunt of my grandfather, Henry McAllister.

I don't know much about her, and know nothing about her husband's family - would you like to exchange information?

Tori
Problem with email

McAllister, Richardson