Author Topic: edwards family history from bala  (Read 16905 times)

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
edwards family history from bala
« on: Saturday 22 May 10 14:17 BST (UK) »
hi everyone

i have extensive history of my edwards side of the family. my grand dad was Meirion Edwards born 25 Castle St. Bala in 1905. his dad was
Morris Edwards Born 1935  LlanuwchllynMerionithshire and his mom was Catherine Mary williams born 1876. Morris had siblings John born 1870 Jane  1868 Sarshg b 1867  Margaret b 1866 William b 1865. their dad was William edwards of Tanyfford

any relatives out there, would love to hear from you. any one from Llanuwchllyn or The Parc. where I understand Trefor Edwards used to live who compiled the history I now have a copy of.

hooley/cheshire. vernons/cheshire. booths/cheshire
partridges/shrewsbury. evans/pontesbury, shropshire. blowers.shropshire. davies/shropshire. edwards/llay and bala. fox/shropshire

Offline Merched

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: edwards family history from bala
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 September 10 13:00 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have only just joined this site but have a copy of the same booklet. My husband's grandfather was Dafydd born 1874 (page 13).

Are there any more that you know of?

We don't live in LLanuwchllyn/Bala area but have family who still do live there.

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 September 10 13:18 BST (UK) »
hi

dont have fam hist book with me at mo but will look at it when i get home.

yes there are a lot of us, in bristol, cornwall, london, myself in worcestershire and of course north wales.

will have a look at page 13 and e mail u again.

nice to have found u

regards

steph
partridges/shrewsbury. evans/pontesbury, shropshire. blowers.shropshire. davies/shropshire. edwards/llay and bala. fox/shropshire

Offline Merched

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 16 September 10 15:04 BST (UK) »
lovely to hear from you. I've been struggling to understand the first few pages but think I have now cracked it with William Dafydd and Ann Roberts at the top of the tree and a Welsh dictionary to work out words that my husband (with first language Welsh) has never heard of!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Merched

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 16 September 10 18:17 BST (UK) »
Can you understand the top of Page 2? I have virtually given up on it. On page 1 Sian/Ann/Jane is the same person and is the person 1. Ann and later 2. Jane on page 2. According to page 1 she married Edward Jones (Crydd) who is 2. Edwards son of John ...... on page 2 who died on 1.1.86.

So where does the marriage of Edward Jones of LLan and Jane Williams married in 1808 fit in? Can't be a second marriage as Sian/Ann/Jane was still alive and never died until 1866! Is it the same Sian/Ann/Jane taking her father's Christian name as a surname?

Offline mollymandysb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 18 September 10 16:40 BST (UK) »
Hi

if u send me an e mail at (*) and give me your address i will send u an english version of fam tree.

for my part my g grand dad was morris edwards, your dafydd brother.  I have a picture of morris and catherine.  my line follows meirion edwards and my mom was his daughter Beth who saddly passed away four years ago.

not at home at pres but my grand dad had a sister called sian, we called her ginnie.

regards

steph

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Gwenllian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 28 September 10 22:47 BST (UK) »
hi - it is me but we have been on hols - sorry I never replied before.

Have tried to log in and couldn't find my password. They sent me an email to reset my password but it keeps telling me it isn't valid. So I registered on our other email address.

Offline Gwenllian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 28 September 10 23:00 BST (UK) »
now I have to post 3 times before I can send you my email address in a pm.

Anyway thank you so much for your offer but I can understand the tree from page 4 Plant 2 William is the William Edwards, Tanyffordd on the top of page 5.

The William Jones Edwards (Y Canllath) top of page 4 is the a) Wm Edwards/Jones on page 2. He is the son of the people on top of page 2 and it is that bit I don't understand.

Offline Merched

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 29 September 10 13:50 BST (UK) »
I have sent you a pm explaining I have now found the correct password so don't need to log in as Gwenllian. Will email you when I can get out on that bit.