Author Topic: Carl Wilhem Buck/Buch  (Read 1991 times)

Offline hols83

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Carl Wilhem Buck/Buch
« on: Saturday 22 May 10 14:28 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Hope there is someone out there that can help????

I have been researching some ancestors, who are proving difficult, due to name spellings.

I have been  researching Ferdinand Buch, also known as frederick and Buck, usuually its a mix and match of those spellings.
I know that he married Sarah Jane Andrews in 1886, and have tracked him from 1881 up until the 1901 census, he died in 1911 before the census was carried out. So I have a lot of information already but I would love to know when and why he came to the uk, as he was born in Copenhagen.

I have the copy of his marriage certificate to Sarah Jane and therefore his fathers name. Carl Wilhelm Buck, (but I have a feeling the correct spelling maybe Buch) Carl Wilhelms profession is a vetinary surgeon and in 1886 he is deceased.

Sorry for the long story, but I would like any help in finding out more about Frederick and also is father Carl and also who is mother was.
Any ideas or hints welcome.
Thank you
Hols83

Offline Isabel H

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Carl Wilhem Buck/Buch
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 May 10 15:36 BST (UK) »
I have tried but have had no success in finding these people.
The Dansk Demografisk Database contains 2 individuals named Frederik/Ferdinand Buch of approximately the correct age (one family had both a Frederik and a Ferdinand), and a Carl Wilhelm Buch, but I can find nothing to link them to each other, and nothing that matches the info. you have.   The Carl Wilhelm that I found was a saddler, not a vet. The boys' fathers were a woodturner and a public baths attendant.
However, the DDD is not complete, so don't give up hope.

Maybe Frederik exagerated the importance of his father's job to impress, which is what one of my relatives did when marrying well away from anyone who might know otherwise!
GRAY - Inveresk; Lanarkshire
LINDSAY - Lanarkshire
PURDIE - Lanarkshire; W. Lothian
POZZI - Elgin; Lancashire
MACKENZIE, MORISON - Stornoway
ARCHIBALD, HAY, HUNTER, SNADDON - Clackmannanshire
COXON, HALL, JACKSON, SHOTTON - Northumberland

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 May 10 21:24 BST (UK) »
Could these links be worth a try:- I did notice one for a Ferdinand Nuel Buck 1853 to a Carl Vilhelm Buck and Johanne Christine Blomstrom  ???

Denmark Baptisms

http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=collectionDetails&c=fs%3A1778463

Denmark Burials

http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=collectionDetails&c=fs%3A1520593
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline hols83

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 May 10 15:49 BST (UK) »
That is great!!! Thank you so much for that. I have been looking on the family search and I found the Carl and Johanne that you have found and suspected that it mightbe them, but I could only find a marriage record and nothing to link them to Ferdinand.

Thank you again!!!

Hols83

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 26 May 10 16:19 BST (UK) »
Your most welcome. Hope you are as fortunate with the remainder of your research.  ;D
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline hols83

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 26 May 10 17:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you,

I have just searched through and found lots of christening records for siblings of ferdinand!
But I have looked through the marraige records for Carl Wilhelm and Johanne Christine and cannot find anything?
Any ideas?
Hols83