Author Topic: William Evans, Elizabeth Davies and their parents - any help?  (Read 18240 times)

Offline KateMcall

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Evans, Elizabeth Davies and their parents - any help?
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 10 October 17 12:08 BST (UK) »
Sorry for the delay in responding, I've been travelling (still am) and so it's more difficult to get onto the internet.

Osprey - many thanks for the possibles you have flagged up. I'll certainly progress those as they look very promising.

Morgan - re the photo of William Evans - Yes, that's my man. The National Library of Wales has a number of letters from him too. I've actually got a more detailed scan of that photo sent to me by the library.

Thanks for the BBC link tooo... I've done a bit more research on this and alas the mill has been closed to the public for about 5 years or so now, but I've sent an email to the Welsh Mills Society who recently visited the mill and hopefully they will be able to put me in touch with the current owners.

I have also received some very good news from Patagonia. I'm visiting there later in the year and so got in contact with the museum in Gaiman. Turns out that they have a number of photographs of my ancestors at the museum and also know a number of living descendants of William Evans - it's going to be an interesting visit!

Thanks again to everyone for their help and interest.

regards,
David

Hello David!

I am a living descendant of William through John Camwy, living in the UK. I would be fascinated to share any info you have found about my family.

Thanks,

Kate