Author Topic: Agnes Vowless *Completed*  (Read 1503 times)

Offline johnbarr

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I need a little help along the way !!
    • View Profile
Re: Agnes Vowless
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 26 June 10 00:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks for help from all those who replied. ;D

Her first husband John Carmichael died aged 34 in 1922 - a millhand in King Country so possibly an accident. She then married David McMillan in 1923.
I've been able to track living children relatives - so really appreciate the help.

Cheers
John B
Barraclough, Barron, Hunter, Marsden, Pawson, Sowden, Street, Vowless,

Offline Shona Trotman

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Agnes Vowless *Completed*
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 29 July 17 08:50 BST (UK) »
Hi John
We are 2 of Agnes Mcmillian's grand daughters. She did remarry after John Carmichael. She married our grandad William David McMillian after John died in a tree felling accident in Taumaranui . Agnes and William had 3 daughters and 1 son. (*) the eldest is still alive and turning 94 this year (Shona's mum), the second eldest is (*) and turned 92 this year (Genee's mum), the next daughter (*) is also still alive and turned 91 this year. Their younger brother Ian is dead.  Our nana Anges died in 20 March 1988 and was cremated and buried with our granddad in Taumaranui cemetery.
Hope this answers some of your questions after all these years.
Kind regards Shona and Genee

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline johnbarr

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I need a little help along the way !!
    • View Profile
Re: Agnes Vowless *Completed*
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 29 July 17 21:24 BST (UK) »
Hello Shona and Genee and a big welcome to Rootschat.  :)

Thank you for the details which confirm some information I already had. I believe you would be my second cousins once removed!

Rootschat has a policy of not showing any details of living people, so I'm not sure if your post will be allowed to remain without some editing.

We have a very good PM (Personal Message) system for communicating between members, but it cannot be used until you have made at least 3 posts. You are welcome to add another 2 or 3 posts to this thread if you wish - just a smiley icon will do - and then you can use the PM system.

All the best, John B
Barraclough, Barron, Hunter, Marsden, Pawson, Sowden, Street, Vowless,