Author Topic: East India Trading Company, Duchess of Atholl,ship.  (Read 1879 times)

Offline peterwestpest

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
East India Trading Company, Duchess of Atholl,ship.
« on: Wednesday 26 May 10 00:11 BST (UK) »
Trying to find any info on the ship. Duchess of Atholl East India Trading Company and its Captain Edward Maxwell Daniel{Danniel} Edward was born 19th 1796 Marylebone London the son of James Evance Daniel born 17th june 1773 in India and Eliza Hodges born 1776. Edward married Emma Isabella Ferrers 21st july in westminster.any help appreciated thanks

Offline Ringoroses

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile

Offline Langtang

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: East India Trading Company, Duchess of Atholl,ship.
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 21 October 17 22:15 BST (UK) »
This might be helpful for you. I found my ancestor embarked on the Duchess of Athol on 17 Jan 1822 & the ship cast off on her maiden voyage at 7am Saturday 19 Jan 1822, bound for Bengal India. It was carrying 293 men, 18 women & 5 children (a few gents & missionaries & their families) There were mainly men who had attested to join the Honourable East India Company & these troops disembarked in Bengal under the command of Captain WHFirth, Captain CPKing & Lieutenant James Manson. The ship's record of her journey is at The British Library in London. I feel sure if you researched there you the helpful staff would direct you to more about the journeys of this ship & the lists of its passengers. I did not look at all of these once i found my relative & I did not look at the other voyages made by the Duchess of Athol.