Author Topic: Duddington  (Read 5181 times)

Offline An65

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Duddington
« on: Thursday 27 May 10 23:11 BST (UK) »
Duddington, a few miles south of Stamford, is one of those annoying places that isnt always in the county you expect to find it in!.

Abt 1912 my Grandad was living at ASSART FARM which was located a fair way south-east from Duddington Village.

I can see where it was located, and I can see its gone - what I really would like to know is the history of the Farm (in the 1861/71 census's its listed as Sart Lodge, I believe, rather than Assart Farm)

Id also love to know if any photos exist of this place.

Id also be extremely interested to hear from anyone connected to an Ira Sharp/e who lived in Duddington abt the same time.

Many thanks.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Duddington
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 27 May 10 23:48 BST (UK) »
FOR INFO

Also posted on the Northamptonshire board

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,458730.0/topicseen.html

Duddington appears to be in Northants according to

http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/reg/districts/stamford.html
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline smudger28

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Future
    • View Profile
Re: Duddington
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 July 10 20:57 BST (UK) »
I have a lot of Duddington microfiche if you need any look ups?

Paul
Cornwall: Hoare, Hoar, Mallet, Mallett, Davey, Cock<br />Leicester (Croxton K)Ward<br />Lincolnshire: Smith, Moss, Baxter<br />Rutland: Dexter, Hill, Green, Fowler, Smith, Ward, Vernum, Lattimore, Chappell, Turner, Burrows<br />Northamtonshire: Baxter, Smith<br />South Africa: Moss, Dominey, Dominy, Domeney<br /><br />Requests: <br /><br />1841 Rutland Census Look Ups<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk