Author Topic: Shannon family, Bandon  (Read 1635 times)

Offline Purves

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Shannon family, Bandon
« on: Wednesday 26 May 10 00:00 BST (UK) »
I have been researching the Shannon family from Bandon and Isabella Peters Joseph Shannon's wife. Isabella lived Castle Hill Road.anyone interested Purves.

Offline Purves

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Shannon family, Bandon
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 May 10 01:18 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I have been researching the Shannon family of Bandon, Ballymodon, Phillips. Joseph was a Mason,
a plaster by trade came to Australia  non the Duke of Buckingham, left Plymouth 19-12-1882. Have found census record of the Shannon family,1846,Mayfield father Joseph Mother Anne  sons, Edward,Joseph, daughter Anne. Are any of the family still about. See you

Offline shaitan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Shannon family, Bandon
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 10 October 17 12:38 BST (UK) »
Hi there. I am also researching Shannon family from Band on, Cork.  Edward Shannon born about 1843 was also the son of Joseph Shannon and Anne Phillips of Mayfield. Edward was also a plasterer and moved to wales, united kingdom in the 1860's. My gggrandfather was John Shannon who was also a plasterer so I was hoping that he was related in some way to Edward but I am not absolutely sure about that. Anyway I have a lot more on Edward if your interested. I would be very interested in all that you have on Joseph Shannon please. Thank you. Angela (caerphilly, Wales, United Kingdom)