Author Topic: Ronquete family in Louisiana  (Read 23539 times)

Offline cimbrio

• RootsChat Senior
  • http://thegenealogycorner.wordpress.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Ronquete family in Louisiana
« Reply #99 on: Friday 07 January 11 10:14 GMT (UK) »
I've logged on my old account on ancestry (for which I have no credit left) and there is a reference to a Jose de Bon [Jose Deben] in the 1840 Federal census in Orleans, LA. I would presume it's Jose [Ventura] de Ben (b.1799), which implies he emigrated in 1840 or before. If anyone has access to this information can you please check for any relatives living with him, or other information (job, when he emigrated, etc.).

Thanks! :)
Herefordshire: ALLEN (Colwall), CARTWRIGHT (Kington & Almeley), DAVIS (Colwall), EVANS (Pembridge), GODSALL (Colwall), JONES (Whitbourne), MORRIS (Kington & Kinnersley), MOUND (Wormsley), TIPPINS (Staunton-on-Arrow), RODWAY (Colwall), VICKRESS (Wellington & Hope-under-Dinmore), WATKINS (Almeley)
Shropshire: MOUND (Hope Bagot)
Worcestershire: PARKER (Kempsey)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Friday 07 January 11 12:01 GMT (UK) »
Buen día Cimbrio

The 1840 Census is very vague I'm afraid and does not give much detail

Jose De Bon - [Jose Deben]  Township: Tunisburg County: Orleans State: Louisiana.

Free White Persons -          Males - 40 thru 49: 1
Free White Persons -          Males - 50 thru 59: 1
Persons Employed in Commerce: 1
Free White Persons -          20 thru 49: 1
Total Free White Persons: 2

Total All Persons - Free White.    Free Colored.   Slaves: 2

The earliest entry I saw was 1820

Joseph Debon Township: Iberville County: Iberville State: Louisiana

Enumeration Date: August 7, 1820

Free White Males -          Under 10:   2
Free White Males -         16 thru 25:  2
Free White Males -         26 thru 44:   2
Number of Persons -       Engaged in Agriculture: 1
Free White Persons -      Under 16:   2
Free White Persons -      Over 25:     2

Total Free White Persons: 6

Total All Persons - White, Slaves, Colored, Other: 6

Regards
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline cimbrio

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Friday 07 January 11 12:06 GMT (UK) »
¡Buenos días Sandra, y muchas gracias!

The difference of place of residence makes me question whether it is really my relative. Does the census include any names at all, apart from Jose Debon/De Ben? Since I don't have a name for his wife yet I'll be able to check it in the archives at the end of the month. Do you think this is the same Jose Debon as in the 1850 census entry?

Regards

Cimbrio
Herefordshire: ALLEN (Colwall), CARTWRIGHT (Kington & Almeley), DAVIS (Colwall), EVANS (Pembridge), GODSALL (Colwall), JONES (Whitbourne), MORRIS (Kington & Kinnersley), MOUND (Wormsley), TIPPINS (Staunton-on-Arrow), RODWAY (Colwall), VICKRESS (Wellington & Hope-under-Dinmore), WATKINS (Almeley)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Friday 07 January 11 12:27 GMT (UK) »
Hello Cimbrio,

I'm afraid thats all the detail that is given.  If Jose was born around 1799 then he would in the 40 - 49 age group which means the other entry, if it is his wife was between 50 - 59 (a little older)
If the 2 sons were always with Jose then they don't appear on the 1840 in Tunisburg - one should be 15 years old and one of 8 years and it is not quoting anyone in that age group.  I could not be totally sure 1840 was the same person as 1850 shows.

The 1820 Census was just to show the earliest entry for Deben/Debon

Regards
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline cimbrio

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Friday 07 January 11 12:30 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Sandra; I don't think that someone could go back and forth to America and Europe, since his children were born in Spain, as we can see in the 1850 census. I'll have a look at the archives and I'll let you know what I come up with.

Thanks for checking the details out! Have a nice day!

Cimbrio

Offline cimbrio

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Friday 21 January 11 14:54 GMT (UK) »
Sandra, a few developments, I thought you ought to be informed as you've helped me so much.

I've found a document dated 9th May 1854, wherein Rosa de Ares, widowed wife of Benito de Ben, makes a declaration before the notary of the village of Puerto del Son (province of La Coruña, NW Spain). Incidentally, the notary is her late husband's nephew.

In the document, she declares that she is living with her spinster daughter, Rosa de Ben Ares, and that she used to live with her son Juan, who has lately married. She also says that the son she's living with now, Francisco, had emigrated abroad in early 1841 with his cousin Jose de Ben (presumably Jose Ventura de Ben, mentioned in the 1850 US census), with whom Francisco had lived and worked, and that Francisco returned home in July 1853 (the year before the document was written). There's no mention of what happened to Jose after 1850, nor who the third person mentioned in the 1850 census is, Manuel. I'm going to the archives soon, perhaps I'll find more information there. She mentions she is living thanks to the money her husband made in New Orleans.

Anyway, that fills in a few blank gaps, but still there are some questions to be answered.

Best regards!

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: Friday 21 January 11 15:26 GMT (UK) »
Buenas tardes Cimbrio,

Que es una buena noticia.  Bien hecho.

Perhaps it also indicates that Jose De Ben on the 1840 was not your Jose if they immigrated 1841 - that was the Tunisburg Census with just age groups on it. 

Mejor de las suertes.
Espero tener noticias suyas pronto
Se refiere a
Sandra

Offline Joan Coubarous

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Saturday 18 March 17 04:48 GMT (UK) »
Ramon Cuberos is the great-great grandfather of my husband Lloyd Alvin Coubarous, Jr. The name was change in so many spellings. From New Orleans. Ramon was born in Spain and was married to Sylvanie Edmond.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: Friday 14 September 18 16:46 BST (UK) »
1920 New Orleans Ward 6, Orleans, Louisiana

George Deynoodty 47 Superintendant Cemetery
Marie Deynoodty 43
Anita Deynoodty 21
Joseph Deynoodty 19 Office Manager Cemetery
Yvonne Deynoodty 16
Mignon Deynoodty 7

Louisiana Statewide Death Index Both on the same day ???

Name: George J. Deynoodt
Death Date: 10 Jul 1921
Estimated birth year: 1877
Parish: Tangipahoa
Certificate Number: 7180
Volume: 14 [/i]

Name: Marie Deynoodt
Death Date: 10 Jul 1921
Estimated birth year: 1877
Parish: Tangipahoa
Certificate Number: 7180
Volume: 14

Hi Joan,

Welcome to RootsChat

Thank you for your message. Here is an article relating to the death of George and Maria Deynoodt.

The Daily Review (Morgan City - Louisiana) - 13 July 1921

Sandra