Author Topic: Parkers 1800-1900 Antrim  (Read 7620 times)

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parkers 1800-1900 Antrim
« Reply #9 on: Monday 05 July 10 08:09 BST (UK) »
Heather,
            No, I can find no record of Matilda but if you go to www.proni.gov.uk and select Will Calendars you can see the record yourself.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 05 July 10 08:20 BST (UK) »
Heather,
             A little further information. A parent search on the IGI, part of www.familysearch.org gives two children for Robert and Matilda
30 Sept 1859 Thomas Jamison Ingram christened in Connor 1st Presbyterian Church
29 Mar 1864   James Ingram birth registered in Calgorm Co. Antrim.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 05 July 10 08:52 BST (UK) »
The IGI record for Thomas Jamison Ingram is a submitted record and the birth for James Ingram is Galgorm.
LDS site also has 3 records in Pedigree Resource File (submitted)-
Robert Ingram 1817-1884 married Matilda Parker 1821-1894 (not sure if these birthdates are figured from ages at death or the common LDS formula for assuming husband is 4 years older than wife). Children: David (Australia), John (Australia), Mary.
If you do a parent search on LDS site you will see full details listed. Just fill in names of mother and father on advanced search page-
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/search/frameset_search.asp
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline cregoe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 24 March 14 05:30 GMT (UK) »
Eddie,

We did correspond a few years back with regard to the Parkers of Kells/Connor. I have a feeling that I may have given you one piece of incorrect information. I will need to did out our old e-mails. Suffice to say, I have done a bit of work on these Parkers since then and, from all the available information, I have been able to put together the attached tree for your branch.

Bill

P.S. I hope the attachment arrives. If not let me know, and I will try some other method. Just got a message that I can't attach a word document. I will see if I can change it into .jpg format

Offline cherithbrook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 27 March 14 01:22 GMT (UK) »
Brilliant Bill, You add to and confirm what I already have. I had begun to despair of making any progress. May I ask the source of your information please. Anything else you have that is relevant would be gratefully received.
Many Thanks
Eddie

Offline cregoe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 28 March 14 08:32 GMT (UK) »
Dear Eddie,

Thank you for your reply. Hoping that your e-mail address has not changed, I am replying here. It is easier. Some 6 years back, I approached the Minister of the Connor Presbyterian Church for permission to purchase a microfilm copy of the records for the said Church, then held by PRONI. Such permission was granted and a microfilm shortly thereafter arrived. It covered baptisms from about 1819 onwards. I have to say at this stage that it was the worst microfilm I have ever had to read. Every single page was out of focus , which as I am sure you can imagine, made matters very difficult indeed to decipher what was actually written on the page. The worst pages were the early ones as the minister had not wasted any space and each page was chock-a-block full with of course the added difficulty of deciphering the writing. I believe that eventually I was able to isolate all those entries containing the Parker surname. However, it was not possible to identify the day and month on many occasions due to the blurred nature of the entries. The good part about these Presbyterian registers is that the maiden name of the wife is always recorded along with the husband as well as the Townland. For the moment, I am unable to find my original transcriptions, but they are filed somewhere. All the birth years given in the chart that I sent you came from this register. Any marriage dates have either been taken from certificates bought or from copies taken from the microfilm record of the marriages in that area. The few positive deaths have come from certificates bought.

It is a real pity that there is not an earlier register as I am sure that it would have been a real boon to all of us with Parkers in this Kells/Connor area. Maybe something else will turn up one of these days. Hope that this answers your questions.

Regards,

Bill

P.S. As you have received this through Rootschat it means that the e-mail address that I have of yours is no longer current. Mine hasn't changed since we originally corresponded.

Offline cregoe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 29 March 14 02:03 GMT (UK) »
Dear Eddie,

I am new to RootsChat, so I don't know whether the attachments that I wish to send you will arrive OK or whether I will need to send you several replies. A few comments first. I just read over our correspondence from 2008, and I note that I had a few records wrong, but I believe that the information that I sent you in that chart earlier this week is correct. I note from our earlier correspondence also that you had John Parker, father of your Robert, who went to NZ, as having died in 1900. He did actually die on 4 June 1881 a few months after his wife, Lilly, who died on 25 February of the same year. If you have not already been there, you can confirm John's death on PRONI as he left a Will which you can download for free. Both Nathaniel and Robert are mentioned. The other item, which I hope you can answer, relates to John's father, Robert. You mentioned that he was born in 1797. Can you recall how you came by this date ?

I am attaching 6 pages of the Annual Report of the Connor Presbyterian Church for 1863. I found this interesting in that it indicated that most of the population of the area were Presbyterian and attended the Connor Church. I believe that the Kells Church may have been up and running by this date, but it was a very much smaller congregation.

The other attachments concern the auction of the Earl of Mountcashel's Estates in Connor in 1850. Much of the land in the Townlands of Connor were owned by the Earl. He appears to have got into difficulties and sell up all his estates. There are 2 pages. Let me know if there are any problems.

Regards,

Bill

P.S. I will need to send the remaining 4 attachments in a separate reply as I see that you are allowed only 4 per reply.

P.P.S. Just got a message that the file is too big, so I will have to spread these attachments over a few replies.

P.P.S. I have just checked the file size of each page and find that I am unable to attach them because they are too big. I don't know how to reduce the size. Hoping that you still have my old e-mail address, if you get in touch with me there, I will be able to attach the pages to an e-mail.

Offline cherithbrook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 30 March 14 22:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks Bill, much appreciated. Eddie

Offline cherithbrook

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 08 April 14 22:39 BST (UK) »
hi bill,
Cannot access your postscripts, can you send them directly to my e-mail please.
Thanks
Eddie
cherith.brook@xnet.co.nz