Author Topic: burial grounds  (Read 12023 times)

Offline TBS1972

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: burial grounds
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 27 September 12 00:51 BST (UK) »
I am very late to this thread. My grandmother was Una, sister of Joe, Kevin and Mary. Her parents were Patrick and Annie. I would really appreciate more information.

Offline char10lie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 02 October 12 05:45 BST (UK) »
Hello,
Your information appears inaccurate.However I am guessing that  your grandmother's name was Una Britton.
Her parents were Patrick H Crennan and Annie Laherty. ( my grandparents).     if this is correct, then she is my late Aunt. She had two sisters Evelyn, Carmel and three brothers Joe, Kevin and my father Noel. They were from Abbeyleix, Co . Laoise, which is where I was born. Does this make sense to you? Please get back to me if it does.
Regards
Ann

Offline TBS1972

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 02 October 12 12:55 BST (UK) »
Yes! This is absolutely correct. My maiden name is Britton, I am the eldest daughter of her youngest son Pat. Unfortunately I (obviously) don't know much about her family and I have always wanted to. I really regret not asking her, she and I were close. I was either too young or too self-involved as a teen to enquire or pursue whenever she did talk about her siblings. She was a wonderful, loving and giving grandmother. We shared a lot of interests and I have many special memories of her. There is, however, the gaping void of her youth in my knowledge of her.

Offline char10lie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 02 October 12 13:18 BST (UK) »
Hello again,
 Thanks for your reply. Una and my Dad were quite close. She was also my godmother. I saw her a few times when we visited Donegal and have met your Dad, Pat and also Derry. I think one of your cousins trained with me as a teacher at Carysfort, Blackrock in the eighties.  I do have some photos of the family e.g my parent's wedding etc... I also know that Una was a twin and her twin died either in childbirth or when she was very young. If you wish to communicate further, you can find me on facebook Ann M Rogers, Kiama Australia..I don't think we are allowed to put our emails in these posts.
Regards Ann

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 02 October 12 13:37 BST (UK) »
Email addresses are not permitted in posts, but you can use the personal message system to exchange emails, or other personal details - see :

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Note that new members of RootsChat require three posts before the message system is fully available to them, so TBS1972 will require another post first..

Leinster Moderator
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline TBS1972

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 04 October 12 12:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Ann,

I've friended the only Ann M Rogers in Australia on Facebook (that i can find) but am not sure if it is you! My married name is Tara Subeck, in Chicago. I would love to chat more with you. As an aside, my youngest sister Lynette actually lives in Sydney, she loves it. Mum, Dad and my sister Nikola are visiting her this Christmas - I wish I was also!

Tara