Author Topic: looking for any family member with the surname 'HOLY'  (Read 5241 times)

Offline TOCUMWAL

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: looking for any family member with the surname 'HOLY'
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 18 February 18 08:13 GMT (UK) »
Thank you! I have put them into my research. I looked up Jonathan Were but it doesn't tell me much about the workers. I know he brought workers to work for him. Did he employ them out to other people?
JEREMIAH HOLY,
SWINNERTON, AH TUE, STROGLER, BOCK, ACCOLA, CLARE, CASTLE, OWEN,SCHAECHE,ROBINSON,JONES,SMITH,CLARKE,BARRY,SHAW,WAY,
SCHMIDT, HOLLINGWORTH,MATER,BALCOMB,ASHWELL

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline TOCUMWAL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 18 February 18 08:14 GMT (UK) »
How do I discover more about jeremiah from cork
JEREMIAH HOLY,
SWINNERTON, AH TUE, STROGLER, BOCK, ACCOLA, CLARE, CASTLE, OWEN,SCHAECHE,ROBINSON,JONES,SMITH,CLARKE,BARRY,SHAW,WAY,

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline TOCUMWAL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 20 October 18 06:03 BST (UK) »
Hi again I have been looking into the Holy (Holey) family again. I was looking into Victoria information and found that the whole family were listed on a ship called Ocean in September 1855. But this is all I can found. I know all came back from Auckland but when and where or didn't they go. So I was wondering if you can help with some information this time
JEREMIAH HOLY,

Offline TOCUMWAL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 28 October 18 04:29 GMT (UK) »
I have since found out that they left September 1855 and arrived in Auckland in October 1855.I don't why they went or when they came back but I do know they were back in Australia by June 1857
JEREMIAH HOLY,