Author Topic: Kearneys Inchicore/Stillorgan  (Read 9612 times)

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kearneys Inchicore/Stillorgan
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 05 November 14 14:42 GMT (UK) »
Just to update this topic

Over the last three years I have collated some information on some branches of our Kearney Family
Theresa/Rita still eludes me - if anyone new is on-board and can add to the tree I would appreciate it!
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 28 April 16 14:12 BST (UK) »
LINK to earlier topic on Zygmunt PAWLOWSKI

Teresa Kathleen (known as Rita) PAWLOWSKI married Zygmunt PAWLOWSKI in London in 1974
Her father's name was given as Philip KEARNEY on the marriage certificate.
It seems she changed her name by deed poll.

Zygmunt was married previously and had two step-daughters but no children of his own I believe.
He died in 1977 and Rita is named as his widow and the informant on his death certificate.

I have never located a burial for Zygmunt or further records for Rita/Teresa - I still hope to close off this chapter in our family history by locating both.
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 22 July 16 12:58 BST (UK) »
Just read an article about a lady aged 28 who left home in the US in 1974 just after the birth of her third child.  She has been located, 42 years later, living under an assumed name.  Her story and reasons are her own but she has given me hope of yet locating Teresa/Rita!
Further generations:

Offline hasta

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 23 July 16 18:13 BST (UK) »
Hi myluck
Have you traced the whereabouts of the youngest PRICE child born 1959. If Rita/Teresa married in 1974 that child would have been 15 and presumably with her in London.
Just a thought !

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 23 July 16 19:52 BST (UK) »
Thanks Hasta
Unfortunately she left her family behind and didn't re establish contact
Further generations:

Offline busylady24

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 10 April 18 15:49 BST (UK) »
I came across your chat while searching Google. My Great Grandfather was Philip Kearney who married twice. My Grandfather was James Kearney who's parents were Philip Kearney and Bridget Byrne (They had 6 children). Philip later married Esther Carthy (They had 5 children). A long line of gardeners in the family. My Dad was the youngest child of James Kearney and Ellen Hickey (16 Children).I note that you seem to have done a lot of research already so I may not have any new information for you.

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 10 April 18 16:57 BST (UK) »
Hi busylady24

As a grandchild of James you would be a second cousin to my OH who is a grandchild of Philip.

I have the 11 children for Philip from his two marriages, many died young and made an attempt at the family tree over the years which I am willing to share should you like.

I have been in touch with grand-children of James through his daughter Veronica (Vera) who were able to give me some first hand information to aid searching but I only have fourteen children for this couple.  I would love to know the names and details of the other two to complete this line.

This is a screen shot of my tree for James' children - the two I believe to be alive I have taken the names out to keep with privacy rules here
Further generations:

Offline busylady24

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 10 April 18 17:26 BST (UK) »
Hi There
Myself and your OH are definetly related. My cousin Helen McLoughlin (Vera's daughter) has done a lot of research on the Kearney/Hickey family. Also a Hickey relative in South Africa has done a lot of research. There is no information to my knowledge on the 2 children of James Kearney who died. They must have died as infants and may not have been registered as they had possibly died at birth. They Parish records are an excellent source of information but very difficult to read as a lot of the writing is illegible. Can you connect with me via Facebook and I can add you to the Kearney Hickey page where there is lots of photos etc. My facebook page is Mary Doyle Kearney if you want to send a friend request. I live in Dublin. There is only one James Kearney and Ellen Hickey still living. My Auntie who is almost 88.

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 11 April 18 09:37 BST (UK) »
Thanks busylady24

I am also Dublin based and have been in contact with Vera's children through a match on another site a few years ago.

If you reply once more we can correspond here by private message (PM)

Thank you :)
Further generations: