Author Topic: Willie gowans butcher from west calder  (Read 9827 times)

Offline jls1956

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Willie gowans butcher from west calder
« Reply #9 on: Friday 16 July 10 13:21 BST (UK) »
Hello Meg

If I give you ma on email address can a have a wee look at your photos
please?

I have christina davidson and peter buried together a want to find out who else is buried in there. Also where annie grimley is buried she died  august 1924 she was ma grandad davidsons first wife.

Can a ask how old you are if its no too cheeky am 54.

Shona

Offline Cauther Lassie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 17 July 10 12:14 BST (UK) »
Hello Shona,

Attached the burial details of Annie Grimlay - and I've been researching all the names on the War Memorial at West Calder for a couple of years now, (there's two Graham's, one Frame, one Jamieson and one Dundas) and they're all mine.  Two of the Grimlay laddies are also there, so attached a wee report on their family.    Annie is in the same row as my Grandad Dundas 1st wife, she's probably almost opposite each other.  Until all the transcriptions are complete I won't be able to tell who if anyone else is in that plot, as the records are by year, all handwritten in a huge book, so once all the records are done, I'll be able to see (barring errors of course).   Donna at the Cemteries Office at Linlithgow, (phone no from West Lothian website) - she'll be able to tell you.

Better get on, at the coo's tail again ....  cheers ...  Meg

PS won't let me post the cemetery map

AUTO   INT NO   DOI   DOD   FORENAME(S)   SURNAME   RESIDENCE   OCCUPATION   ADDITIONAL INFORMATION   AGE   COD   SECTION   LAIR   CEMETERY
276   7134   23/08/1924   21/08/1924   ANNIE   DAVIDSON   25 MID STREET, MOSSEND      BORN SCOTLAND WIFE OF WILLIAM DAVIDSON   24   PUERPERIUM CEREBRAL THROMBOSIS   ZA   33   WEST CALDER
Graham, Dundas, Tweedie, Somerville, Robb, Watson, Gillespie, Main, Stenhouse, Gilmour, Sneddon, McPheat, all Cauther Families.

Offline majey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 06 March 12 22:32 GMT (UK) »
My mother is a Wight whose family had Burngrange Farm in West Calder for a time and were butchers with West Calder co-op and other places in the area.  Anyway I have a photo of a Willie Gowans as a young man.  I could upload it if you are interested. 
Majey

Offline Cauther Lassie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 09 March 12 13:25 GMT (UK) »
hello again Majey,

Now which Wullie Gowans would that be, I remember them well, (my father was postman in West Calder and district), the Wights were also related to the Calders who are also in my line.    Would love to see the photo if you don't mind then I'll probably be able to identify which one it is!!

Many thanks ....

Meg
Graham, Dundas, Tweedie, Somerville, Robb, Watson, Gillespie, Main, Stenhouse, Gilmour, Sneddon, McPheat, all Cauther Families.