Author Topic: Re: DIAMOND  (Read 45621 times)

Offline kieran257

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DIAMOND
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 12 June 10 23:04 BST (UK) »
Catheine I find rather a mystery because you originally were looking for a birth 1895.

On the 1900 Census, Catherine was listed as born 1888 Ireland and was 13 years old  ???
Catherine isn't with the family on your 1911 Ireland Census Record.
I can see a SSDI Record for a Catherine Duryea born 11 Aug 1897 Died July 1980 Brooklyn. Kings. New York.

and another SSDI for Catherine Duryea born 6th May 1900 Died January 1967

The first one was married to Frank F Duryea and their is a US Veterans Gravesite information for that one below

Name: Catherine Duryea
Service Info.: SGT US ARMY  Birth Date: 11 Aug 1897
Death Date: 20 Jul 1980
Relation: Wife of Duryea, Frank F
Interment Date: 23 Jul 1980
Cemetery: Long Island National Cemetery
Cemetery Address: 2040 Wellwood Avenue Farmingdale, NY 11735-1211
Buried At: Section 2d Site 2371

If Catherine was born 1895-8 then I would have to assume she went back to Ireland with the family in 1907 so would hope to find a passenger record of her returning married or unmarried. Have'nt found an unmarried one yet.

Hi Dettori28,

Yes I see what you mean about Catherine.  I see in the Census you sent me for 4th June 1909 she is listed as Catherian and was born in 1886.  I was given a memorial card and she is called Kathryn M. Duryea who died on the 15th June 1968 if this is hers?

Thanks for all your help

Kieran

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 12 June 10 23:13 BST (UK) »
Re:- Herbert and Rose

The son is still alive in Pennsylvania, probably about 73 yrs or so.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 12 June 10 23:16 BST (UK) »
Regarding Catherine/Kathryn that makes her born 1886 - which is another different date  ???

Name: Kathryn Duryea
Born: 28 Oct 1886
Died: Jun 1968
Last Residence: 11510  Baldwin, Nassau, New York.   
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline kieran257

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 12 June 10 23:20 BST (UK) »
Regarding Catherine/Kathryn that makes her born 1886 - which is another different date  ???

Name: Kathryn Duryea
Born: 28 Oct 1886
Died: Jun 1968
Last Residence: 11510  Baldwin, Nassau, New York.   

Hi Dettori28,

Yes this looks like her as the census says born October 1886.   Is this Catherine son who is still alive aged 73?

Thanks again fro all your help and hard work.

I really appreciate all your help

Kieran

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 13 June 10 13:22 BST (UK) »
Heelo Keiran

On the 1900 Census we had a Patrick G Diamond 11 Born New York, have you any further info on him.
He may not have travelled back to Ireland with the family in 1907
but I have'nt found anything definite for him yet ?

Reply £ also said that Susan Helen Diamond was going to a sister in Philadelphia, so I am wondering if that could have been Catherine/Kathryn - need to check that out as well ?

Offline kieran257

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 13 June 10 14:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Dettori28,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes Patrick Geard Diamond was born in 20 Aug 1888 in Ireland and that was him you had in the ships log yesterday 'the Father and son (the two Patricks) are on the New York Passenger List'  Patrick Geard was the son.

In my last email I thought I might have his death on the 24 October 1969 but I am not sure if this is correct.

Yes haven't spoken to my aunties Susan Helen either went to Catherine/Kathyrn or Annie who was born in Scotland on the 17th November 1884 and who they think married Mullholland?

Thanks for all your help

Kieran

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 13 June 10 16:06 BST (UK) »
This is the Patrick you are trying to tie in to but there are so many options, he may not be the right one.  I was hoping to find a Patrick with "G" (Geard)  in the name but so far cannot see anything. Is it Geard or a version of Gerard ?

Name: Patrick Diamond
Born: 1 May 1902
Died: Oct 1969
Last Residence: 19082  Upper Darby, Delaware, Pennsylvania, United States of America

Certainly got around did'nt they, Ireland, Scotland USA and back to Ireland before some returning to the USA.

Offline kieran257

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 13 June 10 16:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Dettori28,

Thanks again for all your help.  Yes Geard maybe was spelt wrong it should of been Gerard.

These details however, look correct any chance at finding out who the Patrick parents were?

Yes the Diamonds really got around even back home they moved around quite a bit.

Thanks for all your help

Kieran

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 13 June 10 16:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Kieran,

The Delaware Death records only go as far as 1955. I could only suggest you try the public library, see if they can do a look up for you or if they can point you in a direction.  I can't see anyone appropriate for RAOGK who could do that.

http://www.delcolibraries.org/ud.htm

There is a criteria for people who request a death certificate, it isn't quite as easy as it seems, the link below will explain.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/death_certificates/14122