Author Topic: Date of death for Andrew Moir  (Read 14761 times)

Offline Lochnagar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Date of death for Andrew Moir
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 12 October 10 19:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Alison that's a lot to take in, it looks as if they might be another branch altogether,they seem to be connected with Bannfshire initially and then Fourdon.  Anyway thanks again.
Brian

Offline mcmon30

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 16 October 13 03:09 BST (UK) »
Hi:

I am interested in your Andrew Moir. Where was he born and where did he reside? In particular did he have children by the names of James born around 1783 and Helen?
They may even be registered at More in some recordings.
If they were born or were living in the Inverurie area I would be most interested.

JM

Offline Lochnagar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 16 October 13 18:15 BST (UK) »
Hi JM if you look back to the start of this thread you'll find most of the details I already possess. To my knowledge Andrew Moir had a son James but no daughter named Helen. As far as I know they were in the Fordoun area of Kincardineshire. I'm assuming he died between 1841 and 1851. FREECEN seems to call them MOIRE for some reason. Certainly in the 1841 census from Scotland 's People they are MOIR so beware of spelling mistakes. I have found similar Christian names in different families before, it can be very confusing. Having said that I also have Moirs in  Aberdeenshire so it is possible we might have a common ancestor somewhere. I have contacted an ex workmate who has extensive church memorial records of quite a number of graveyards, and if his records cover Kincardineshire then I might get a DOD for Andrew. If I get any more info I shall get on to the site again and pass on  more details.

Offline Lochnagar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 18 October 13 19:11 BST (UK) »
Just had an email from my ex colleague, and unfortunately there does not appear to be a gravestone for Andrew Moir in Kincardineshire. I'll have to trawl through some of his other family to see if they have any gravestones. Very inconvenient of him to die before 1855!

Offline spiderdrew

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 08 March 17 21:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lochnagar,

I have recently found out that Andrew Moir is my 4th G-Grandfather via his son Andrew.

I have run into similar problems regarding his DOD and was just wondering if you got any further? Also do you have any information regarding his parents?

Any info would be much appreciated ,
Drew
Murray Fordoun/Laurencekirk KCD
Duthie Dunnotar KCD
Ritchie Johnshaven KCD
Hanslip Eriswell SFK
Skinner Dundee/Aberdeen
Moir Montrose ANG
Adam Kincardine O'Neil ABN
Blues Johnshaven KCD

Offline Lochnagar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 09 March 17 15:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi spiderdrew,  unfortunately I have been lazy of late but I only have one son noted for Andrew Moir. I have had no more luck as to his date of death. One suggestion  was to try variations of Moir. Moire was one.  If he was perhaps buried in a paupers grave then records of that could be few and far between. I shall keep trying though. All the best in your search.
Lochnagar

Offline spiderdrew

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 09 March 17 18:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lochnager,

I actually had a breakthrough last night regarding Andrew Moir's year of death.

On his father's (George Moir b. 1769 d. 1855) death certificate, the issue of the deceased states that Andrew died in 1848.

Hope this helps,
Drew
Murray Fordoun/Laurencekirk KCD
Duthie Dunnotar KCD
Ritchie Johnshaven KCD
Hanslip Eriswell SFK
Skinner Dundee/Aberdeen
Moir Montrose ANG
Adam Kincardine O'Neil ABN
Blues Johnshaven KCD

Offline Lochnagar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 10 March 17 17:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi "drew" well done, I had not investigated  Andrew's father. Also  have never seen that before in a death certificate though. Excellent, still wondering where he might be buried though, might investigate where George the father is buried in the event his son could be in the same lair. Good work thanks.
Lochnagar

Offline mcmon30

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: James Moir
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 05 July 17 05:35 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone interested in the Moir name.

I am back on the hunt for the parents of James Moir born around 1795 and died 16th August 1865 buried in the Alvah Cemetery.
Lived in the area between Inverurie and Chapel of Garioch. Was on farms such as Rescivet and Leggats Den (spellings have altered over time)
He married Janet Davidson in 1817 and they had the following children James, Alexander (who moved to Australia in around 1846), David, Isobel (first 4 named MORE) then John, James, Janet and Jean (these latter siblings were named MOIR. All Christened in Chapel of Garioch)
They later move to Alvah to a property called Little Blackton.
In one or more of the Christenings the name Helen Moir is listed as a witness. I have no knowledge of a Helen Moir in any other reference. I wondered if she may have been a sister or mother of James.
If any one has any clues on his birth I would appreciate it. There was nor reference to his birth on his death certificate nor grave stone.