Author Topic: MILSON/MILSOM Charles  (Read 16102 times)

Offline suemoo2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MILSON/MILSOM Charles
« Reply #9 on: Friday 02 September 11 04:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Leisa,
Do you think we could have a family match?  Do you know if your 'Charles' was one of the Berkshire Machine Breakers?

Think it would be outstanding if this all matches up with you.

Regards,
Sue.

Offline MarksWife

• RootsChat Senior
  • Great Grandad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 02 September 11 13:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue.
Yep he was one of the machine breakers. How are you connected?

Leisa
Millson & Johnson - Bradfield, Berks.  Vine & Butcher - Norfolk. Haines & Collier - Oxfordshire/Berkshire. Duffin & Wynn - Tilehurst, Berkshire

Offline suemoo2

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 03 September 11 09:06 BST (UK) »
G'day Leisa,

Charles Milson had 3 children in Australia.  The youngest - a son, married twice.  From his first marriage there were 3 sons and from his second marriage he had a further 4 children.  The eldest son from his second marriage is my husbands Grandfather.
Charles Milson who was transported to Australia is my husbands Great Great Grandfather.
How can I send you my email address without putting it up on here for public display?  :-\
How are you connected to Charles?
I have information that I could send to you if you would like.

Regards,
Sue.

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 04 September 11 04:23 BST (UK) »
G'day Leisa,

Charles Milson had 3 children in Australia.  The youngest - a son, married twice.  From his first marriage there were 3 sons and from his second marriage he had a further 4 children.  The eldest son from his second marriage is my husbands Grandfather.
Charles Milson who was transported to Australia is my husbands Great Great Grandfather.
How can I send you my email address without putting it up on here for public display?  :-\
How are you connected to Charles?
I have information that I could send to you if you would like.

Regards,
Sue.

Hi Sue,
I have done a fair bit of research on the Millsons and have Charles 1800 on my tree. Back to his great grandfather, and sideways and forwards with his siblings and other relations.
I am in touch with Leisa. You are right. In the main the machine breakers were political "criminals" rather than what is normally considered as criminals.
My link is mainly in the mid 19th century when the Millsons of Bucklebury and Stanford Dingley intermarried a couple of times into my Sellwoods and Crooks and their related families.
I would love to correspond with you. Sending a private message - click on the green scroll next to the person's name - is the way to exchange email addresses.
I will send one to you.
Regards
Vicwinann
Sellwood Berkshire Oxon Lancs Wilts; Cassell Berkshire and Guildford; Leighs Guildford and London; Saunders Portsea, Greenwich and Deptford ; Austin Cookham; Osgood Berkshire; Dack Norfolk; Darling Berkshire and Mapledurham; Wilkins Englefield Berks; Havenhand Derbys; Whileman Derbys; Reedman Derbys, Notts, Australia, Africa; Rottenberry Deptford and Devon;

Offline JLW30

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 23 May 12 22:19 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I have recently started to do some family research and come across this site. My Great great  grandfather was Joseph Millson, brother of Charles Millson. I visited Bucklebury this weekend and found 3  Millson graves in the churchyard, one of whose was Tom Millson who was the son of another brother, Edward. I was very interested to hear about Charles' deportation to Australia.
I am happy to share further information I have if anyone is interested.
Jo

Offline MarksWife

• RootsChat Senior
  • Great Grandad
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 24 May 12 14:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Jo

Yes I am interested in what information you have on the Millsons. My grandmother was a Millson from Bradfield.  I would be happy to share my information.

Marks Wife
Millson & Johnson - Bradfield, Berks.  Vine & Butcher - Norfolk. Haines & Collier - Oxfordshire/Berkshire. Duffin & Wynn - Tilehurst, Berkshire

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 25 May 12 09:23 BST (UK) »
Hello JLW30
I, too, would be interested in sharing information. The Milsons linked in several times with my Sellwoods and Fishers and other families of Bucklebury.
One of Joseph Milson's descendant's wives also wrote a book about Bucklebury. If you send me a private message I will send you my email address. You will need to have sent 5 posts (I think) before we can do this. Click on the green scroll by my name.
Regards
Vicwinann.
Sellwood Berkshire Oxon Lancs Wilts; Cassell Berkshire and Guildford; Leighs Guildford and London; Saunders Portsea, Greenwich and Deptford ; Austin Cookham; Osgood Berkshire; Dack Norfolk; Darling Berkshire and Mapledurham; Wilkins Englefield Berks; Havenhand Derbys; Whileman Derbys; Reedman Derbys, Notts, Australia, Africa; Rottenberry Deptford and Devon;

Offline JLW30

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 27 May 12 20:23 BST (UK) »
Hello again,
Thank for your replies. I have a book by Cecilia Millson called Tales of Old Berkshire, this was given to my father by Cecilia over 30 yrs ago together the one called Bucklebury's Heritage which I cannot find at the moment but I shall buy another copy if it doesn't turn up,!!
I have so far traced the family back to Richard Millson of Stanford Dingley who was born in approx 1735.
  Jo

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 28 May 12 01:58 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I, too, have that book and a couple of others about Bucklebury. Very useful.
I have that Richard Millson bap 1736 was son of Charles Millson and Sarah nee Cripps.
Vicwinann