Author Topic: Campbell, Cains, Muldoon, McCann, Callaghan, Gentle  (Read 10717 times)

Offline dmonaghan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Campbell, Cains, Muldoon, McCann, Callaghan, Gentle
« Reply #18 on: Monday 19 February 18 23:00 GMT (UK) »
Thank you - this info is all derived from the Bounty Immigrants List for the ships of Adam Lodge and Susan, which we all have.  So, the same source so far, but we are trying to go back to their roots in Ireland to find the parents of all these people - Cains, Joseph Campbell, Muldoons, McCanns (possibly Buchan)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 19 February 18 23:28 GMT (UK) »
Campbells in Australia - Yahoo Groups
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/campbellsaustralia/conversations/topics/6

e-letter yeserday,I am descended from Samuel Campbell and Elizabeth Connor, through their daughter Julia who married Hugh Munro. I have extensive but patchy notes on this family; I have been to the "family seat" and even conversed with chaps who were bagging potatoes on the erstwhile Campbell land at Drumsloe.
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline dmonaghan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 00:17 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Hallmark - I will join this Yahoo group to see if I can communicate with any others with similar info.  Are you Australia based on Ireland based?  It is so good to find that there are people out there who can expand what you have already found - I have been searching for a number of years, and although I have an excellent picture of the story once they got to Australia, with all its twists and turns, their origins are a bit hazy.
I will need to work out which Joseph Campbell is the father of this group - he is said to be in the Army and there are 2 Joseph Campbells in the Irish Constabulary of the time, but I am Australia based, so I do not have the ability to go to the sources to try and get both military records and then work out which one is mine.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 00:26 GMT (UK) »
Ireland based.

If it says Army then it is Army, not Police.

Records in Kew, England.
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.