Author Topic: 1851 census look up please  (Read 3995 times)

Offline ziggie

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 census look up please
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 16 September 10 13:43 BST (UK) »
Peter's age at death in 1912 was given as 74, making his birth year c. 1837/8.  The earliest I have picked him up definitely is on the 1871 census - age 32 born Forfarshire, occupation - railway surfaceman, living in Dornoch, Sutherland.  I have found a Peter Campbell in the 1861 census - age 21 born Dundee, Angus, occupation - labourer, living as a lodger in Regent Street, Keith, Banffshire.  The nearest I have found for the 1841 census is Peter aged 6 living with Famey McKay at Den Brae, Dundee, with his siblings Ann 20, William 15 and Kathrance 13.  From these children the only birth/baptism I have found is for William who was born in Inverness in 1825.  There was another brother, Kenneth, born 1833  and died in 1834, Dundee.  I have tried to follow his siblings but I have found nothing to date. 

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.