Author Topic: Help finding 1848 death not on S.P.  (Read 12474 times)

Offline harrywrag

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help finding 1848 death not on S.P.
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 12 October 10 16:25 BST (UK) »
jefna there is douglas and nevinson listed on horse tax for closeburn have not checked for king

Offline jefna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 12 October 10 16:36 BST (UK) »
hi harry can you send me the address for scotlands people it sounds like you are on a winner there thanks heaps also do you have to subscribe to it and what do you need i have paypal    elizabeth  king i cant find  anything but her marriage and the same for charlotte nevison so you have done great i am thrilled to be able to trace my ancestors who are you researching  isnt it a wonderfull feeling when you find someone regards jennifer

Offline harrywrag

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 13 October 10 14:52 BST (UK) »
hi, the web address is www.scotlandsplaces.gov.uk the site is free to use let me know if you find the horese tax records ok, if not i can copy and send to you in e.mail another site that is interesting and also free is www.scran.ac.uk i just googled and there is a church at closeburn the library at dumfries ( the ewart) has gravestone inscriptions for parish churches around dumfries i would think they will have the one for closeburn i am in glasgow but my grandmother is burried in tinwald churchyard dumfries and i get down there a few times a year its possible i may be down there again on friday cant promise thou if you can give me the names you are looking for ,if i get down i could look up inscriptions for that name "s it may help you with info from stones if they are the same. i managed to help a chap in arizona with tinwald gravestone i found and the info from stone tied in with his search he came over in june and i met him at tinwald we had great day you could also put up post in dumfries room to see if anyone local would look up the gravestone incriptions as i say i may get down on friday but not sure yet the name i am searching is unusual name its staulkey it originates in suffolk england have got as far back as 1804 now hit a wall so most of my searching has been english records p.s. the name staulkey can only find one other with that name and he like me has no family so name will die out there just seems to have been tight knot with the name hope the horse tax records help you generaly find in small areas like that familys are connected

cheers
                               allan

Offline jefna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 13 October 10 15:16 BST (UK) »
Thanks Harry I will look up the names and get back to you  I found the site and found the horse taxes it gave me an idea where the Nivisons lived so I could look for Charlotte Christening but she proves elusive but I wont give up  I have just recently found out about the Douglas connection thank you for offering you are very kind I appreciate it  so very much bye so  I can get onto finding the names I dont know how to go back and forth on the computer I usually press the wrong buton and loose everything so I darent leave this open to have a look  regards Jennifer

Offline jefna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 13 October 10 16:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Alen sorry I apologise for calling you Harry  I have looked up John Douglas born 1799 in Closeburn  and it seems he was living with his son  John Douglas born 1833 in Keir  in the 1881 scottish census in  Kelton Kirkudbrightshire so he will probably be buried there    I cant find Charlotte  Douglas born 1811  nee Nivison after the 1841 census for Roniston she isn,t in the 1851 census   I have to assume she died  John was an agricultural Labourer  so I wouldnt know where she is buried as I dont have a clue where roniston is I dont have information on any other family members sorry no parents for John or Charlotte  yet.WilliamDouglas born 1836 and Janet nee King born 1835   his wife moved to Farlam  Cumberland  before 1857 as they are on that census and had only one child in scotland Janet Douglas born 1855 and lived and died in Farlam   so I dont know if you find anyone  thanks for the help though I really appreciate it . I think you are right about the families being close knit if I could get Charlottes details it would open a few doors so I will keep on trying you have been a great help thanks again I wish at times I was over there it would be so easy to travel around to get info I reckon it would be great fun instead of being on a computer all the time dont worry if you cant find anything I appreciate your kindness   kind regards Jennifer

Offline maisie76

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 05 August 13 13:47 BST (UK) »
Hi

Was wondering if you ever found the death certificate of James Douglas as i have a certificate for cholera victims and there is a James Douglas age 47.

maisie
Nicoll, Dundee
McGill, Ayrshire
Frew, Ayrshire
Wyllie, Ayrshire

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 05 August 13 19:52 BST (UK) »
Hi

Was wondering if you ever found the death certificate of James Douglas as i have a certificate for cholera victims and there is a James Douglas age 47.

maisie

Offline jefna

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 06 August 13 05:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Maisie thank you but it was John Douglas and I found him living with his son in Farlam Cumberland England and he died there in 1886 many thanks for your message regards Jennifer

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 06 August 13 19:40 BST (UK) »
Hi

Maisie
Hi Maisie I was the one who was looking for info on James Douglas also his wife Ann Douglas who both died of cholera the same day December1848 I would be interested in anything you might of found

Audrey