Author Topic: Park Family Irish Origin to Bristol then Wales  (Read 4111 times)

Offline Welsh Jen

• Dyfal donc a dyr yr garreg!
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Park Family Irish Origin to Bristol then Wales
« on: Saturday 22 May 04 00:06 BST (UK) »
 :D
I am descended from the PARK family which originates (so far) from Ireland, now someone was telling porkies during varying census returns! i have a William John Park c.1845 in Buncrana Donegal Ireland, then 10 yrs later he is born in Dublin Ireland, either way he was born in Ireland!.

William's father was Thomas Park who died prior to 1866. William married an Eliza Lavinia Lush (what a name!) they had many children together (details can be given) she sadly died soon after the birth of their last born Frederick Park c.1870 in Bristol England.

William re-married a Yeovil Somerset girl Elizabeth Taylor in Bristol England and lived in the family home 5 Catharine St Bristol (St Philip & St Jacobs District) and they had 2 children Florence Mary Maud Park c.1886  who married a Tom Gillam (and they had one daughter Florence Alice Ceiley Gillam) and William and Elizabeth's other child was: Richard Thomas Park c.1888 - d.1976 My g-grandad. Richard "Dickie" worked for the G.W.Railways and met my G-grandmother Mary Catherine Hawes c.1889 in Swansea S.Wales. They married in Swansea and had many children one of which my Grandmother Violet May Park c.1912 -1991.

Would be interested in contacting relations from William's 1st widowed marriage, many children were born to them but no one in the family thought William and Eliza Lavinia Lush had children.......so I was quite delighted to find 5 step siblings of my G-Grandad Dickie.

Any links please contact me.
 :D