Author Topic: ALFRED THOMAS BARNARD  (Read 2381 times)

Offline chrismj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
ALFRED THOMAS BARNARD
« on: Tuesday 29 March 05 21:03 BST (UK) »
Alfred is in the 1891 census with the rest of his family living in Ruskington, Lincolnshire aged 14.  I can find the rest of the family in the 1901 census in Helpringham but there is no mention at all of Alfred anywhere.  Can anone give me advice on my next step to trace him?

Many thanks for taking the time to read!

Chris
Areas: Lincoln, Sleaford, Guernsey

Names: Barnard, Hodgson, Barnes, Camplin, Gray, Carratt

Offline JillJ

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: ALFRED THOMAS BARNARD
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 March 05 21:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Chris,

He was probably married by the time of the 1901 census.  A search of FreeBMD only reveals one marriage between 1894 and 1920 for an Alfred Thomas Barnard:   September quarter 1901 in Merthyr Tidfil, ref: 11a page 1223 - have you seen this?

Jill
Jowett & Broadbent in Leeds.
Perry, Hartshorn/e & Wilkes in Birmingham & Dudley. Walker and Dabill in Sheffield & Notts.
Farrar in Darlington & Leeds.
Kidd & Taylor in Hartlepool & Teesside
Census information is crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline chrismj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 30 March 05 10:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Jill

This must be the link I am looking for - many thanks for taking the time to help me.

If I can be of any help with researching in Lincolnshire just let me know.

Chris

Offline Tinkerbell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 31 March 05 13:04 BST (UK) »
Hello Chris,
I have just read your posting for ALFRED THOMAS BARNARD, my Gt Grandmother her maiden name was ELIZABETH  BARNARD from FORINGWORTH LINCS she was born abt 1852 Married HENRY CHAPMAN from SOTBY 1874. I was wondering if there is any connection. My connections are Chapman/Bromfield.
Kind Regards,
Rita :)
Chapman/Bromfield/Toyn/Kirk/Lincolnshire, Bailey/Chaddleworth/Reading/Berkshire.Smith-Mutlow/Cirencester/Cricklade/Gunn/Graham/Inverness/Scotland

Offline chrismj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 31 March 05 14:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Rita

Thanks for your posting.   I do not have an Elizabeth Barnard in my family tree as yet, but the family are so spread out over Lincolnshire, Geurnsey, Wales that I am having trouble every step of the way but I am not giving up.  Just to narrow the field down so I don't miss anything can you tell me where Foringworth is I have never hear of it in the county.

If I come across regarding Elizabeth and Henry I will be only too pleased to pass it onto you.

Chris

Offline Tinkerbell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 01 April 05 07:16 BST (UK) »
Hello Chris,
Good to hear from you, my mistake regarding (Foringworth) but that was what I was told but I have since found it should have read Faldingworth. I like you am also having trouble with the BARNARDS ELIZABETH's father WILLIAM BARNARD, his father was also WILLIAM BARNARD so names do sometimes get rather muddled with father & Son with the same name there seem to be a few father & Son etc, so it does get rather muddling at times, seeing who belongs to who ???. My interest is :
BARNARD FORDINGWORTH
TAYLE FISKERTON.
CHAPMAN SOTBY
BROMFIELD NORTH SOMERCOTES YARBURGH.Anyway Good Luck with your research.
Rita :-\
Chapman/Bromfield/Toyn/Kirk/Lincolnshire, Bailey/Chaddleworth/Reading/Berkshire.Smith-Mutlow/Cirencester/Cricklade/Gunn/Graham/Inverness/Scotland