Author Topic: paling  (Read 5981 times)

Offline degenerate

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: paling
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 11 July 10 10:49 BST (UK) »
was wondering if any one else is looking for palings of mansfield notts.

I just thought I'd mention that I'm managing a Y-DNA surname project focusing on the Paling / Pailing / Payling / Palin folk of Nottinghamshire.  I'm always looking for more male volunteers to join up although they will have to self-fund at this point (perhaps as a gift from the genealogically minded in the family).

One of the goals is to determine if they all share a common biological lineage and to see to what extent the surname has mutated in spelling and pronunciation and spread across the globe.
Pailing, Palan, Palang, Palding, Palen, Palén, Palenius, Palin, Paling, Pallant, Pallein, Pallen, Pallin, Palling, Pallinge, Pallon, Paulding, Paulin, Pauline, Pauling, Pawley, Pawling, Payling, Pealing, Pealon, Peelen, Peeling, Pelan, Pelán, Pélan, Pelander, Pelin, Pellam, Pellan, Pelland, Pellant, Pelling, Pellington, Pelon, Pillan, Pilling, Pillion, Pilon, Plain, Plaine, Poland, Polin, Pollen, Pollin, Pollington, Pollyn, Powling, Pullan, Pullen, Pulleyn, Pullin

Offline miss piggy

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 11 July 10 12:02 BST (UK) »
hi lynmee. i will go through my files im sure there is a ivy paling.will get back to u. regards chris.
         hi just been looking for u but dont seen as if she is related to the warsop palings.but u never know will keep her on file and see what i can find out. thanks for your input any thing that can help me sort out will help me with doing my dads step brothers as got to be good thanks again. chris

Offline borat1966

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 29 October 14 21:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi miss piggy , wilfred paling was my father if u get this message I could try to help

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 03 November 14 14:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Borat1966,

I am very sorry but Miss Piggy's emails have not been working for sometime  :'( I have done a search online but can not see her posting since 2010.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk