Author Topic: smythe morse chisnall & hart  (Read 7979 times)

Offline Margmorse

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: smythe morse chisnall & hart
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 14 July 10 23:34 BST (UK) »
I may be able to help with the above  families  also with  Mary Anstance Morse
wife of a cousin

On Edward William Morse
1861 census-Friars Lane Richmond, Surrey- St Mary;'s District-Edward W Morse aged 60 Landed proprietor with  wife Edith J  years--Gertrude J 18 years and one servant--his age remains a mystery?

certainly the 1851 census has to be wrong I think--he left a very long will naming his children ffrrom 1st marriage along with his wife Edith and their daughter Gertrude Johanna
Marg

Offline lehman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 21 March 18 17:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi
My great-grandmother was born 52 Redcliffe Road, Brompton, London on February 14, 1864.  Edith Phillippa Chisnall married Michael Donville Hart in 1882 who was of Spanish, Jamaican, Jewish and English descent.  He studied medicine at the University of Edinburgh.

Is this the person you were interest in?

Lehman

Offline lehman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 21 March 18 20:33 GMT (UK) »
Edith Ernestine Hart used a "crest'  It was in her family bible, and on an impression from a signet ring.  It was a battle axe with a drop of blood.  The axe was crossed with a flag or standard.  Ut Pensor is written across the bottom.  There is also a wreath and strands of grain tied in the middle and placed sideways below the axe and standard.  It may belong to the Harts or one of her ancestors.  I have never been able to trace this.  Any ideas.

Lehman

Offline Perri

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 21 March 18 22:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi thank you for contacting me. I did research for a friend on this tree. I have information and photos you may like. Also I have scanned photos of a different family bible you maybe interested in. I will look into my records at the weekend and get back to you. I am happy to answer any questions and help if I can.

Offline Perri

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 31 March 18 16:26 BST (UK) »
Hi I do not know where the ring came from but the meaning is to speak freely. The family bible I have photos of was Gertrude J Morse. I have a photo of Gertrude and also Edith Ernestine Hart  nee Chisnall. Edith Ernestine was born in London 1864. I have the baptism record in Dorset. I also have photos of 2 daughters Phillippa and Ruby if you would like any of the photos I am happy to send them to you privately.
I hope you find this interesting and I look forward to hearing from you.