Author Topic: MCOWAN Montreal  (Read 3271 times)

Offline ComrieMcC

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MCOWAN Montreal
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 20 February 18 21:48 GMT (UK) »
Will look into Mary Anne's mother for you - are you connected to the Mccowan family? - Charles was my great-grandfather's brother also both my grandfather & his elder brother Andrew Mccowan went out to
Montreal and he was their point of contact have traced the Mccowan family back to 1733

Offline mouse49

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 21 February 18 00:54 GMT (UK) »
I'm researching the McEwen/McEwan side. That is Mary Ann's Mothers family and Mary Ann was Christened as a McEwen.  Hellen/Ellen is my Great Grandfather's sister. It appears Mary Ann never lived with her and was with her Grandparents. Have never been able to find a birth (c1833), marriage or death for her or anything on the supposed father James Sharp.

Am I right in thinking that Mary Ann and Charles didn't have any children?
I notice that witnesses for death of Mary Ann were Charles (husband?) and Andrew (Nephew?)

Witness for Charles' death was another Charles McCowan. Would this be a son or nephew?  Do you know?

Have you got any details of passenger lists or ships or dates that Mary Ann and Charles went to Canada? You mentioned your Grandfather and his brother Andrew also went to Canada, what date was that?

Sorry for all the questions :)

Lois

Offline ComrieMcC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 21 February 18 09:34 GMT (UK) »
Will be back in touch

Offline ComrieMcC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 23 February 18 14:32 GMT (UK) »
How far back have you got with the McEwen side of the family - also Cath or Christian McEwen - Mary Ann Sharps grandmother/ as far as I can make out both grandparents came from Comrie and may possibly get info on their parents on the OPR registers for Comrie assuming they went to church
Andrew McCowan & Charles were Uncle Charlie's nephews ...... Charles & Mary Ann did not have any family as far as I can see

Offline mouse49

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 23 February 18 15:01 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, have sent you a PM

Lois