Author Topic: william hoey/catherine bannon ardee parish 1831  (Read 5745 times)

Offline muse426

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
william hoey/catherine bannon ardee parish 1831
« on: Wednesday 07 July 10 08:07 BST (UK) »
my great great grandmother is brigit hoey, born in 1836. her gravestone states she is from county louth. she emigrated to new york in 1857, which is where i am from. i am trying to trace her roots.

the record below was sent to me and i'm very confident it is her family. am trying to learn more, any information is appreciated.

wedding:
Parish   Date                   G-Name       Witness 1      B-Name           B-Address      Witness 2   
Ardee   22/09/1831   Hoey   ,Wm       Owen Banon      Banon,Cath   Bog              Mat Hoey   

Ardee Parish Baptisim Records for Children of William Hoey & Catherine Bannon   

Baptised           Name           Address           Sp1                       Sp2

03-10-1832     Hoey Michl           Bog Ardee      Owen  Breslan           Mary      Plunket   
        19-06-1834   Hoey   Owen        Bog Ardee                                      Mary      Banon   
   22-09-1836   Hoey   Briget   Bog Ardee      John     Mathews           Anne      Malone   
   30-07-1838   Hoey   Margt   Bog Ardee      Peter     Hoey           Cath    Coleman   
   05-05-1841   Hoey   Peter           Bog Ardee      Patt     McManus    Biddy   Bird   
   08-06-1843   Hoey   Chrisr   Ardee Bog      Bernd Mathews           Cathe  Thornton   
   19-08-1845   Hoey   Mary           Ardee Bog      Joe     Hoey           Mary      Devlin   
   26-10-1847   Hoey   Anne           Ardee Bog           Peter     Brennan           Eliza      Bannon   
   17-03-1853   Hoey   Patrick   Ardee Bog      John     McManus           Mary      Hanratty

Offline emmsthheight

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: william hoey/catherine bannon ardee parish 1831
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 July 10 23:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Muse 426 :)

Welcome to Rootschat!

Exciting!

Hoeys in Louth!

I am in England, but I've been looking for my Hoey family for a while now and I'm pretty sure that they came from Louth County then moved to Dublin area, before coming to Salford, now Greater Manchester England. 

A cross hatched letter we have says that two of the family went to Ardee in late 19C.  I think they were from the Castlebellingham area initially.

The family were saddlers, harness makers, shoemakers, horse breeders, labourers etc.

They must have come very close to your Hoeys even if they're not related.  I don't really know the area but you sound as if you do.

My gg grandfather was John Hoey, saddler b 1827 approx, Dublin fr Patrick Hoey, mother unlknown.  I suspect Patrick was born in |Louth.  I think loafds of family will have emigrated, possibly America, including New York, but not pinned down.

I think Patrick may have had a brother William, who went to England, Manchester, too.

There are some family names in your list but not exact,  Also, there are loads of Hoey Coleman relationships in Castlebellingham.

Does anything ring a bell?

There are loads of Hpey posts if you look at my list via the icon on the left.

Also, once you havethree posts you can send personal maeeages to avoid showing  emails on the board.

I hope we can swap some info and maybe you can  give me some ideas on the Louth area .

Best wishes.

Enjoy Rootschat!

Emms :) :)
Hoey : Louth, Dublin, Lancashire,
Diggle: Pendleton Lancashire,
Stickley: Dorset, Lancashire
Bockmann, Boedemann etc Artist, Europe and London

English Merchants in Brazil and Portugal especially Carruthers family

1st Battalion Connaught rangers WW1

Website:  Look  out for new website coming soon to replace Fells and Seas

Offline emmsthheight

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 08 July 10 23:14 BST (UK) »
By the way, do you mind me asking where you got the information from?  Or was it a private individual?  OI'm not very good at researching Ireland.  In fact most of what I've found out was from Rootschat, so you've come to the right place!

Emms

Offline emmsthheight

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 08 July 10 23:28 BST (UK) »
Hi

Below a link to my other recent Hoey post.

I've realised that Ardee RC is right adjacent to Kilsarran RC Pasrish.

Going to investigate!

Emms :)

Offline alphonsus123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 11 February 18 19:33 GMT (UK) »
hello. I have James and Bridget Hoey in my family tree as my GGGrandparents, and i then have Rose Hoey and Joseph Hoey as my GGrandparents. Patrick Holland and Mary (Hollandnee Roddy as my Grandparents. Bernard Matthews and Rosaleen Matthews nee Holland  now deceased as my parents. Any of these on your tree? Thank you. Alphonsus Gerard Matthews.

Offline Kathleen13

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 03 February 19 20:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I am trying to do some research but I am very new to it. My father was Michael Hoey born in Glasgow to Peter Hoey originally from Sligo. His brother Michael also moved to Glasgow with him. I believe other members of the family moved to different parts of the world America, England. I am unsure who moved where, the names are Bridget, Kathleen and I am unsure of the others. My G.F. would have been Patrick Hoey who married a Bridget Feeney.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you.   

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 03 February 19 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I am trying to do some research but I am very new to it. My father was Michael Hoey born in Glasgow to Peter Hoey originally from Sligo. His brother Michael also moved to Glasgow with him. I believe other members of the family moved to different parts of the world America, England. I am unsure who moved where, the names are Bridget, Kathleen and I am unsure of the others. My G.F. would have been Patrick Hoey who married a Bridget Feeney.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you.

Have you any approx dates for anyone?

Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 03 February 19 21:12 GMT (UK) »
With this being a thread for Hoey in Co Louth you would be better off starting your owm thread in Sligo

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/sligo/?action=post
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.