Author Topic: Georgiana Edwards  (Read 6836 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Georgiana Edwards
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 11 August 10 13:45 BST (UK) »
1851 Census William Wingate is with his Auntie Ann Marshall and Husband and other Uncle Oliver Wingate in Edinburgh, Scotland.
I have no idea which Son of William and Georgina you are descended from so if you need anything else please ask.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline rledwards76

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 03 October 10 06:15 BST (UK) »
Very interested in the Diary of James Fenton Wingate. I also have a diary from J Fenton Wingate who was in the Gordon Highlanders in 1895. He was my Great Grandfather`s (walter Ernest Fenton Wingate) brother. I can`t confirm whether it was James Fenton Wingate or John Fullerton Beatson Fenton Wingate, who was a trumpeter killed in the Boer War on Wagon Hill.  Any info would be greatly appreciated
I have been researching the Fenton Wingate`s from Trinitygask for some time and Georgiana has been a hard person to research so far.
The Fenton Wingate`s were related to Major General Orde Wingate, however I am still trying to find the link.

Offline Mimbyjim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 03 October 10 06:39 BST (UK) »
James Fenton Wingate died 26 June 1890 on board City of venice returning to England from Ceylon

Offline Mimbyjim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 03 October 10 06:48 BST (UK) »
Index of Wills and Administration -  John fullarton Beatson Fenton Wingate of Salisbury, Rhodesia, died 8 January 1900 at Ladysmith,Natal, South Africa,  probate granted to Anna Maria Wingate, wife of Thomas Oliver Wingate.     :)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 03 October 10 08:46 BST (UK) »
Excellent info Mimbyjim

Trish :)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Mimbyjim

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 03 October 10 08:55 BST (UK) »
Thanks Trish.  :)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 03 October 10 09:30 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat rledwards76 :)
Now at least thanks to Mimbyjim you have an answer to your query.

Offline rledwards76

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 03 October 10 11:07 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the info, I`m lucky to have found that already. Do you know of any information in the diary of James Fenton Wingate that relates to his military service?
I`m also interested in knowing relatives of James Fenton Wingate...my Great Great Grandfather was Colonel Thomas Oliver Wingate, brother of James Fenton Wingate who was killed at sea travelling from Ceylon to England...

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 03 October 10 11:18 BST (UK) »
Sorry I misunderstood :-[