Author Topic: Shudall Family  (Read 30813 times)

Offline PaulGrainger

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Shudall Family
« on: Thursday 08 July 10 15:15 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone,

New member here,

My Grandad is a Shudall living in Liverpool, England. I am trying to find out more information about his parents, his grandparents and higher up etc,

His father was Charles Shudall (Charlie) and mother was Anatascia Shudall,

According to the 1901/1911 Census of Ireland I believe Charles' parents were Anastasia and William Shudall.

Does anyone know anymore than this?

I have read other topics referring to the Shudall family and if anyone would like to know more about the Shudall family now living in Liverpool, I would be happy to help.

Thanks in advance - Paul Grainger

Offline Oaks and Acorns

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Shudall Family
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 July 10 17:30 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat.

Here's an easy way to get a quick start:

Look at the top of any page just below where it says RootsChat.com.

You'll see a line of tabs: Welcome, Forum, help etc.

If you click on the Search tab and type in Shudall you should find a list of previous posts regarding this family.

Good luck with your search.

Dara.

Offline CJF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 10 July 10 22:10 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I'm distantly related to you!! My grandmother was Mary Walsh (nee Keane) and her husband was Stephen Walsh. They came from Duncormick, Wexford. My grandmother and grandfather are related to the Shudalls. My grandmother, Mary, died in 1993. I can remember as a child when she visited the Shudalls in Liverpool and somewhere in a family album there are some photographs. My brother, Stephen, is the historian in the family and I'm sure he can fill you in with more information as can my mother, Kitty.

Offline PaulGrainger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 11 July 10 22:31 BST (UK) »
Hello!

It would be great if you could locate those pictures, i'd love to see them,

Do you have an email address for Stephen?

I'd like to get more info!

Offline Hatslip

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 15 July 10 04:59 BST (UK) »
Paul,

Paul Pearce and I have been researching Shudalls for many many years now (just google Shudall genealogy and you'll find us in lots of places), so you may like to make contact with us.  Do you have an email address?We have a number of records that point to Liverpool and have lots of details of your line if it is the William & Anastasia one.   

CJF,
We do not have a link to a Keane so I'd like to know a bit more about your connection.

Eileen 
Chapman, Jackman, Roche, Whelan, Hanton, Dee, Stafford, Leary, McGrath, Murphy, White, Hayes, Shudall.

Offline CJF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 23 July 10 21:37 BST (UK) »
hi,

My grandmother was Mary Keane from Woodgraigue, Duncormick. She married Stephen Walsh. His mother was Catherine Parle. Catherine's sister, Anastasia, married a man by name of Shudall. In 1911 Census of Ireland, it shows that Anastasia was widowed and her mother Catherine lived with her and the children. Charles Shudall was aged 9 at the time. Charles went on to live in Liverpool.

Offline Hatslip

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Shudall Family connection to Keane of Woodgraigue
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 27 July 10 01:46 BST (UK) »
Thanks CJF.  I presume that's the Mary who was born around Oct 1900 and lived in Holmanhill (beside Woodgraigue)? 

In which case your line not only connects to mine via the Shudalls and also a second way - your grandmother's brother Peter Keane was married to my great aunt Hannah White.  The marriage wasn't successful so he returned to Woodgraigue within a few years.  They had a daughter who died young and a son who did not marry.  He has been dead a decade now.

Do you live in Wexford?
Chapman, Jackman, Roche, Whelan, Hanton, Dee, Stafford, Leary, McGrath, Murphy, White, Hayes, Shudall.

Offline CJF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 27 July 10 13:11 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have lived in Wexford all my life. My brother, Stephen, has a great deal of information on the family tree. He has spent a number of years gathering information on both my maternal and paternal side of the families.

CJF

Offline Hatslip

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Keane family of Woodgraigue
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 28 July 10 03:43 BST (UK) »
I wonder if he has a date of marriage or death for Peter Keane?  Or any other details.  I'd love to chat to him.