Author Topic: Austin/Hamill  (Read 4765 times)

Offline Ken Austin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Austin/Hamill
« Reply #9 on: Friday 28 April 17 20:30 BST (UK) »
I thought I'd update this post with some other information that has just come to light, in case anyone can help with it.

The name of Patrick Austin born around 1805 has been put forward as a possible match for my GtGtGrandfather. He had sons Patrick born 1828, Arthur 1833, Henry 1834 and James 1835 all born in Derrinver, Montiaghs, Armagh. Any help with any of these would be very much appreciated.

Ken

Austin, Hamill, Boon, Johnston. lurganancestry.com and austinfamilytree.com

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 28 April 17 21:36 BST (UK) »
The name of Patrick Austin born around 1805 has been put forward as a possible match for my GtGtGrandfather. He had sons Patrick born 1828, Arthur 1833, Henry 1834 and James 1835 all born in Derrinver, Montiaghs, Armagh. Any help with any of these would be very much appreciated.

Not sure how likely this is as in your first post you said "my Great Grand Father James Austin and My Great Grandmother Annie Hamill. They were married in Seagoe Catholic Church, Lurgan Co.Armagh  on 26 September 1850." and "My great Grandfather James Austin was born between 1825 and 1830, but I don’t know where."
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Ken Austin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 28 April 17 21:51 BST (UK) »
I'm pretty sure that the James Austin year of 1835 is wrong as this is the only one of the four without additional information, which I haven't included here as Patrick 1805 is the main interest. Patrick Jnr, Arthur, James and Henry all feature in the Tithe applotment lists and Griffiths along with Anne Hamill.
Austin, Hamill, Boon, Johnston. lurganancestry.com and austinfamilytree.com